Chapter 18

Picture of Trent to the side, 

this chapter is when things get more complicated so heads up,

ENJOY,

“Well I don’t even know where to start,” he said avoiding any eye contact. His black piercing eyes stared down at the sand but I didn’t say anything as he bide the time. He bit the inside of his lip and I studied his waiting for him to start. 

He seemed nervous though he probably had enough reason to. He wasn’t sure about telling me yet but it just seemed that we reached a point where he had to tell me now. I waited patiently for him with my hands held together in my lap. If anything I should’ve been the one feeling nervous. I knew they weren’t human but I didn’t know what they were.

I hadn’t actually thought about it before but I knew they were something dangerous. This secret that they spend so long keeping hidden was something that no one would guess but I wasn’t scared to find out what is was. I was more anxious. I just wanted to know what it was and have this entire thing over with.

But judging by the look in Hadrian’s eyes, this wasn’t something that could be easily forgotten.

He closed his eyes. I wondered if he was ever going to tell me. I didn’t want to rush him but I wanted to know. The curiosity was getting to me and I drummed my hands in anticipation.

“What do you want to know?” he finally said opening his eyes. I stared into his black orbs. His hair rustled in the breeze whirling it in all directions. I stared up at him unable to actually speak. “What do you want to know?” he repeated when I didn’t respond.

“Everything,” I relied simply. His eyebrow raised and the frown on his lips turned up a little. His eyes still looked strained as though he didn’t understand. “I want to know what you are, who you are, why you saved me, who Seth and Keaira are. . .” I rambled on not knowing what else.

“And why I need you?” he added in after I finished. I nodded at him and he took a long resentful breath. “I don’t know how I can exactly explain to you what I am and then after that even who I am. You wouldn’t be able to understand.”

I gazed at Trent unable to look away. He was scared. That was the only way to put it simply, though he would never admit it, he was scared and that’s why he wouldn’t tell me anything. I don’t know what exactly he was scared about but the fact remained.

His piercing black eyes cut through me. It was like I could feel the mixed feelings that poured out of them. Fears, sadness, uncertainty, were being shown easily in his eyes as they pooled together. I was the first to look away from the challenging stares we put up. I couldn’t take the emotions in his eyes. It was hard to believe that something so dark and clouded could make you feel so many different sensations all at once.

Instead I turned my attention to the setting sun beforehand. It was setting quickly as much as I would wish for it to stay in the sky. I think I had good reason to want these answers when the sun was still up. Just the gaze I was given earlier was shaking me up.