Chapter 5

Rachel POV

 4 hours before the cafeteria scene…

I walked in the hallway pretentiously smiling at the students who passed by. Of course, I don’t want to ruin my family's name, so I try to be nice to everybody.

 Even though it hurts me to pretend, but I have to. The principal passed by seeing her holding a notebook and pen noting and inspecting every student for their uniform.

I greeted her politely "Good morning Mrs. Johnson" she smiled in response. Then she inspected me from head to toe, not leaving any spot.

"It seems that your skirt is quite short miss Williams" she said while her face changed from happy into angry.

Is it funny I used rhyme? Happy and angry? Or not I guess... well whatever... I think the principals going to write a letter again to my parents,

Reminding me about my uniform and stuff like that. Yes indeed, she always did that to me before.

I’m so tired of her stupid blackmails. Of course, I never expose my real attitude to her or else my family's surname will be ruined by their only child.

I don’t want to be like the Smith's. There are many ugly things that every neighbor in our village talked about, especially about Mrs. Smith.

According to my maids, Mrs. Smith is a whore, not just a simple whore but a wealthy whore that sells her body to every affluent guy she met; that's why they're rich.

Although my other maid said that Mrs. Smith was a big time prostitute recruiter in the next town. My maids are quite gossipers but I kind of listen to them.

Because you know it’s quite boring living in a mansion without someone to talk to, so I tried to eavesdrop on their conversations to relieve my bored-ness.

There was one time that they asked me if I know something about Mrs. Smith's daughter beside her being a lesbian. I didn’t say anything about her to them, I just kept quiet.

Danielle is different to her mom; I like her...no, not like, but I love her...yes; I'll ruin my surname for her, because I’m in love with her.

I'll deny everything but her...I want to clean the mess I did, so I'll apologize to her, I want us to be together again. I don’t want us to be apart anymore.

"Yes ma'am, I'm going to fix this skirt tomorrow" I smiled pretentiously. She looked at me believing what I said,

"Good, but I’m going to send a letter to your parents reminding about your uniform" she smiled and left. hahaha!! I’m so freaking right. She’s going to send blackmail to my loving parents.

Even though it doesn’t receive by my parents, the fact that there always out of town taking care of our business, instead of taking care of their only daughter.

I went to my locker and got my books for the first two subjects. Literature and Algebra 102. Such a boring class, it will not be boring if I see Danielle there.

I hope she won’t skip class like she always does. I need to talk to her about our little misunderstanding. The bell rang once telling the students that its 5 minutes before class starts,

I ran to my classroom not bothering any students who greet me. The classroom silenced as I walked inside. Cherrie and Megan waved at me; I walked towards them.

"Hey guys, have you seen Danielle?" I said looking to both "Ugh...oh god Rach...its early in the morning, and you’re asking about that girl?" Megan said irritated.