Chapter 7

Stacy POV

I slowly closed the door not wanting to disturb anyone. The lights were all turned off making it hard to walk in the dark. I grabbed my phone from my bag and activated the flashlight application.

With the bright light from my phone, I could walk easily upstairs but making sure that I won’t create a noise.

I was about to hold the door knob when I saw a black lady figure moving towards me. I got scared and screamed “Aaahhhhhh!"

Then the lights were suddenly turned on, realizing that the black lady figure was my step mom.

“Ooops…sorry, I didn’t mean to scream” I looked at her wrinkled face more afraid than before. “Excuse me young lady, why are your home late hmm??” She said glaring at me.

I made up an excuse “Uhm…I did my homework in the library” she didn’t believe me.

Of course who would believe such an old excuse? I'm not good in lying…why did I inherit my dad’s lying talent? Gosh of all his talent, why this? Because of this, I’m in trouble.

She walked towards me angry; she grabs my arm furiously leaving red marks on my skin.

“What have I said to you this morning?!” She said in higher tone. I didn’t look at her. I looked down on the floor, trying not to listen with her blabbering.

“Are you listening to me?!" She held my face up, steadying it to let me face her angry face.

I tried to move my head, but I can't. I was about to cry when the door opened. My dad paced inside, saw us and scold my cold-hearted step mom.

“What are you doing with our daughter Alicia?!" She instantly removed her hold on to me and pretended to smile.

“Nothing dear, I’m just lecturing our daughter.” My dad went upstairs with his bag. To avoid her, I quickly ran to my dad and hug him.

“Why are you still awake and in your uniform Stace?” he asked me to wonder.

I tiptoed to whisper in his ear where I’ve been “Daddy, I just spend a couple of hours with my new friend and our neighbor…” I looked at him for his reaction. He smiled at me.

“That’s good; you made a friend first day in school. Nevertheless, make sure that you go home earlier because your mom and I will be worried, okay Stace?”

I nodded and kissed his cheek “Good night dad. I love you!!”

I looked back at my step mom and stick my tongue out, insulting her. I can feel that she was holding her anger.

 ***

 I undress and placed it on the hamper beside my door. I went inside the bathroom and turned on the shower knob.

The fruit scent of Danielle still lingers on my skin. Suddenly, I felt my cheeks hot all the way down to my body.

I remember her act in the cafeteria, the way she gently grabbed my waist as if claiming me. Our bodies close to each other, not leaving an inch apart.

I shook my head. She is only my friend and neighbor. I lavished the cold water as it flows through my body.

***

 I put on a robe and dried my hair while sitting on the edge of the bed. After drying my honey-blond hair, I didn’t have time to arrange my clothes in the cabinet, so I searched my luggage for my underwear and a shirt.

I put it on and jump on my bed. I feel comfortable sleeping half naked all the time even if it’s cold. I feel relax and free.

Since I haven’t bought an alarm clock, I used the alarm in my phone, 6:30 am. I turned off the lights.

Automatically, my mind sends a response on all my senses and my body to sleep. A loud ring tone blasted in my ear brings back my consciousness.

I looked at the phone and saw a name ‘cute’ appeared on the screen.

I answered it weakly “Hello? Who's this?” a giggle was heard on the other side. “Hey Stacy, it’s me Danielle" my mind started working again. “Hey! Why did you call?” she laughed.

 “I told you I was going to call you, remember?”  I tried to recall what she had said to me earlier. “Oh yeah…I forgot, sorry." She answered “It’s okay. Thanks about my hand remedy."

She remembered? She continued “Can you please accompany me to the doctor tomorrow after class??” She said pleading. I said teasing her  “Afraid little girl?” I laughed.

She answered me defensively “No! Of course not!! I ju-“I cut her off.

“Sure I will” I smiled. “Seriously?” she said doubting me. I replied “Yes, seriously Dane." “Thanks a lot!!! Good night!!” She giggled on the phone.

“Bye!!” I hung up and placed my phone under my pillow. I closed my eyes and slept.

Gosh…what a day to end.

A/N:

what do you think of stacy?

Vote <3

Follow

Comment :)))