21. This is his friend James

Note: Events that happen in this story are fictional including matches, etc

The match had been over more than two hours ago. Real Madrid 1, Barcelona 2. Zarine had obviously watched the whole match including the pre match stats and post match commentary like most fans do. And just like most fans she had been crushed by the defeat but more so because she actually knew how much Cristiano and the other guys had trained for the occasion what with half-healed injuries, a new coach and last-minute changes.

She had waited for an hour before she called or messaged him knowing that he would be feeling disappointed and probably wanting to be left alone. At the end of that one hour she had felt horrible for not having tried to contact him. She had wanted to give him privacy but as his friend it should have been her first instinct to call him.

Friends. They had become close during the last week, either talking or messaging each other all the time, mostly even late into the night. Once Zarine had actually fallen asleep listening to him and she had got up to see a message in the morning- "Hearing you fall asleep is the most beautiful thing in the world :)"

Hundreds of miles away, Cristiano lay on his back staring at the ceiling and ignoring the frequent lighting up of his phone that announced messages and missed calls. He turned away, not wanting to face anyone.

Someone walked into the room, probably Gareth who had been feeling pretty dismal himself. The journos had slandered BBC after match.

"Oi, someone has left around 47 messages, 6 missed calls and three voice mails," the person said.

Cristiano sat up with a sigh, "James? Where's Gareth?"

"I don't know," James shrugged and then smiled, "Don't you wanna know who that someone is?"

"No, I'm really not in the mood to talk to any-"

James smirked, "I'll give you three hints. It isn't Dolores, Ricky or Jorge."

Cristiano suddenly became interested, "Zarine?"

"Ten points for that correct answer. Oh she's calling now. Wait, hello? Zarine?"

Cristiano jumped at him and whispered, "Give me the phone!"

"Yeah, this is his friend-James. Cristiano isn't taking any calls at-"

Gareth appeared at the doorway and snatched the phone from James. Throwing it towards Cristiano who caught it, Gareth winked at James, "Don't vex the poor lovesick guy."

Meanwhile, Cristiano said happily, "Hey, Zarine, what's up?" On getting no reply he checked the phone. It only showed Zarine's messages, missed calls and voice mails. James had been kidding about the present call.

James laughed from the doorway, "Best way to get you out of depression, Cris."

[OKAY GUYS WE'RE STILL NOT OVER CRISTIANO AND GARETH'S HUG. And omg you guys remember how just a few chapters back Zarine had told Cristiano that he and Gareth should hug more. Looks like he really took the advice hehe. #Cristale, as you people might have guessed are our otp XD

And don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT xx]