50. Epilogue | I love you

"Zarine," Cristiano kissed her shoulder

She smiled, "Hmm?"

"What would you say-"

"Wait, before I forget, I got something for you," she stopped him and lunged towards her purse.

"Gifts? Yayyyy!" he said with anticipation.

She finally got it out and looked at him with a shy smile, "Here, catch."

Cristiano caught with a curious frown and his eyebrows shot up as he stared at the small square box in his palm.

"It's a promise ring," she said, trying to sound nonchalant, while her heart beat painfully loud, watching him open the box.

He fingered the simple silver band and looked towards her, "Oh my- Thank you, Zarine, this-" He cleared his throat and put it on, "It's just so-Oh my God, I love you so much." He walked to her and just stared for a couple of seconds too overcome by emotions to do anything else and then finally, pulled her close, his lips seeking hers, kissing her, caressing her.

As they broke apart, she gave a small smile, "I know we're still figuring things out but I just wanted to let you know that I always have, always will, love you and I just-I'm cheesy and I'm sarcastic, sometimes I am difficult to talk to, and oh my gosh I ramble, a lot, but I am just so lucky to have you because you and I...we fit, you understand me, I understand you and it's weird because this, this comfortable feeling that I have around you...I just haven't ever felt it with someone else. So, this is a promise for, for us, for the future. We'll make it, you and I. Oh God, say something!"

"I-it's so unfair that you get to be so eloquent while all I can do is try and tell you how much I love you and these moments when we get to spend time together, how I love the way you sprawl across the couch with your books and hum absent-mindedly, how your hair sticks up all over the place, how you say Cristiano fucking Ronaldo under your breath, how you lose everything and find it a minute later, how you put your heart and soul in whatever you do, how you are because you, you're perfect to me. You are an inspiration and I feel like a idiot standing here, wearing your promise ring, and not having something to symbolise my promise to you so I'll just say it, no matter how un-eloquent I sound, I'll just say it. I promise that you and I are forever and I won't let anything change that."