27. Is the short one your boyfriend?

"Thank you, Aslam," Cristiano said, gratefully, as he and his two friends climbed out of the taxi

"You're welcome, bhai," Aslam smiled happily at the generous tip Cristiano pressed into his hands.

The taxi sped away leaving the trio with their bags facing a cream coloured bungalow. Cristiano checked the address with the one he had on his phone. This was it. "You two stay here and don't jump out and scare her, okay?"

"Of course," James said. "Gareth, you heard him right? No jumping at Zarine."

"I'll see that James behaves, Cris," Gareth retorted with a smug smile.

Cristiano heaved a breath and rang the doorbell. From somewhere inside the house a feminine voice called, "Coming!" He turned to look back at his friends who gave him supportive thumbs-ups.

The door opened and Cristiano rushed, "Hey, Zarine, I know this is weird. Me coming here without telling you but I couldn't have just waited there wondering and thinking of excuses which don't matter because I lov-"

"Who's there?" a very confused voice asked.

Cristiano looked down at the short old woman in front of him and groaned. It wasn't Zarine. He should have checked who he was delivering his speech to but he had been so busy with delivering the speech that he had hardly looked at the person in front of him.

"Uh, namaste, ma'am," Cristiano started. "I'm so sorry. That wasn't meant for you. Uh does Zarine live here?"

"Who are you?" the old woman asked, peering at him. "I'm sorry it's just that I keep misplacing my glasses so I can't see very well right now as I've lost them yet again. You're a bit blurry at the moment."

"I'm uh..."

James bounded beside him, "Namaste, you must be Zarine's mother or erm-she looks a bit old-grandmother probably. I'm Cristiano's best friend, James."

"Namaste, ma'am," Gareth walked up to the door gracefully. "I'm Gareth. Zarine has probably told you about me."

"I really cannot understand what you three are saying," she looked very confused. "How about you come inside and explain?" As she led the, inside she asked, "You're not thieves or murderers are you?"

"No, no ma'am," Cristiano said, looking very worried. This didn't look like Zarine's house. Could they have been wrong?

Sure enough, after both sides had heard and explained their situations they found out that Cristiano had the wrong address. More specifically, Zarine's old address. The old woman, Samvati, couldn't tell them where Zarine's family was right now.

"I guess, I'll just have to call her now and ask her for her address. So much for surprising her," Cristiano looked resigned. "I really thought that I would explain this trip to her, face to face, but now explaining it over phone sounds so stupid."

As Cristiano was dialling, Samvati looked at Gareth, "You're a really tall woman-"

Gareth reddened as James cackled.

"-but your boyfriend is tall too so I suppose it's not a problem," she said pointing towards Cristiano. "Or is the short one your boyfriend?" she asked, pointing at James.

James stopped cackling.

"I'm a man," Gareth explained, flustered.

Samvati looked embarrassed. "I'm so sorry. Without my glasses I can only see silhouettes of people and I thought you have a ponytail so..."

Meanwhile, Cristiano waited for Zarine to pick up her phone.

"Hey, Cristiano," came her clear, happy voice. "How are you? Busy, huh?"

Cristiano smiled slightly. Her voice immediately calmed him. "Hey, babe."

He knew she loved it when he called her "babe" even though she never said. It was just one of the many things they knew about each other without ever voicing them.

"I-I was wondering if you could tell me where you live," he said as calmly as he could.

"You want to kidnap me?" she laughed.

He grinned, "I wish but no...its..."

"You're not thinking of sending something, right? Because seriously there's no need to."

"No, I want to meet you," he said, hope in his voice.

There was silence at the other end and then, "Cristiano, you want to meet me."

"You sound surprised," he said.

"I am," her voice sounded confused, nervous even. "You seriously want to meet me?"

"Seriously," he said.

"When?"

Cristiano laughed slightly, "Now?"

"Now?"

"Are you going to repeat everything I say?" he asked.

Her voice was joyful, bordering on what was pretty close to emotional, "What do you mean now?"

"I'm here," he said. "I know. I should have told you before coming but I was-"

"Oh my God," she laughed hysterically. "I can't believe it. Shit, you're here!?"

"Yeah."

"Like seriously here?"

"Yes."

"In India? Delhi?"

"Yep."

"When did you come?"

"A couple of hours ago," Cristiano said, patiently. "Now is the interrogation done or...?"

"I just can't believe you're here. I mean, I believe you of course. It's just a lot to take in. You came to see me! It's just so unbelievable and so amazing. I'm freaking out!"

"It was meant to be a surprise actually," Cristiano said, apologetically, "but I got the wrong address."

She laughed some more, "Of course you would, idiot. Where are you? I'll come pick you up."

[ next chapter #zariano meet face to face omg I just can't wait HOLY SHIT

Vote and comment, you awesome people, and let us know how this chapter was :') ]