26. Air India welcomes you aboard!

On the day of the flight to India, Cristiano nearly missed it because he couldn't find his favourite t-shirts or underwear to pack

On the day of the flight to India, Cristiano nearly missed it because he couldn't find his favourite t-shirts or underwear to pack. He hadn't packed the day before because he didn't want Perez to think he was going on another trip so he had got up early and packed everything except the extra t-shirts and underwear.

He would have asked his roommate but Gareth was missing since well, since Cristiano woke up and James was missing from his room too. They were probably arguing about something somewhere. Oh well, Cristiano decided he would have to leave with whatever he had. He wouldn't be gone for more than three days, he had figured. Sergio would cover for him.

Cristiano sneaked out the back entrance of the hotel where his taxi was waiting.

"CRIS, MAN, YOU'RE LATE!" James shouted. "We already packed your clothes, why are you late?"

"So that's where my t-shirts and underwear went!" Cristiano said. "You didn't think before telling me?"

"Hurry up, will you?" Gareth said.

Cristiano looked inside to find a very excited James and a super happy Gareth, "What the hell are you guys doing inside my taxi?"

"You thought we'd let you go alone?" James looked scandalised.

Gareth looked at him innocently, "India is so far away. We figured you might get lonely during the flight."

"Haha," Cristiano looked at them suspiciously. "Guys-"

James pulled him inside, "Let's go, taxi-man!"

As the taxi sped off towards the airport, Gareth muttered, "Why does James get to sit next to you?"

James laughed triumphantly, "Because I'm his bestie and you're not."

Cristiano sighed. The whole trip was going to be this way, he could already see that. And yes, indeed it was. They had to sit in economy class because Gareth and James both wanted to sit with Cristiano and wouldn't agree to sit together. Finally, they sat in the economy class with Cristiano between them, mediating the conversation.

Since James talked loudly and aww-ed at everything and anything Indian he saw, all the passengers around them soon found out who they were. As people clicked selfies and took autographs, James smiled blissfully, "Man, I love being famous."

So much for keeping this trip away from attention.

"Are your sure? Because it seemed to me that most of the people were here to greet me," Gareth snickered.

James scowled, "Your ponytail is fucking weird and I'm sure people just greeted you because they wanted to get a closer look at the pineapple tree growing on your head."

Cristiano tried to stop them, "Guys..."

"At least I don't wax my face," Gareth retorted pointedly.

James spluttered, "Your face has a whole jungle growing on it."

"Guys, please," Cristiano tried again.

It was no use. They went on bickering till they got tired and then both promptly fell asleep on Cristiano's shoulders each.

Cristiano sighed and leaned back thinking about the events of the past week. After the meeting, he had started planning this trip with the help of Real Madrid Core Team (Marcelo had wanted to come because Zarine might have a sister). They had done some researching and thanks to fame, found Zarine's address. Everything had to be done in utmost secrecy because it was a surprise for her. Cristiano wanted to see her face when she would open the door and find him (well, him and Gareth and James now). Arbeloa had told him what to say. It was a small speech in which he had to be sophisticated and yet tell her how he felt.

It was the craziest thing Cristiano had ever done in his life and he had a million doubts about the plan (what if Zarine handed them over to the police for stalking!?) but what he was sure was that all this and more was worth meeting the girl he loved.

It felt strange to say love without ever having told her I love you but he knew it was not just some small connection. He loved her, truly, madly and deeply. Every time he thought of her he smiled. His mornings would start with her "Good morning, weirdo :P" and end with her "Good night for the final time, Cristiano! :')". Sometimes he would find himself living in Indian timings wondering what Zarine was doing, how her classes were going.

When they landed in Delhi, Cristiano jerked awake and found his head on Gareth's shoulder. He massaged his cramped neck and looked towards James who was glowering at him.

Cristiano rolled his eyes, "Oh shut up!"

"Hashtag Betrayed," James mock cried.

Clutching their bags they were soon walking towards the airport exit.

"This doesn't seem very different," James remarked looking at the airport.

Cristiano nodded, "I like the airport."

They walked out and Gareth jumped, "Holy shit, this place is hot."

"Wow, I'm burning," James agreed, grabbing some sunscreen from his bag.

"I love the sun, you know," Cristiano smiled.

"Let's hail taxi," Gareth suggested, taking out his English to Hindi dictionary.

"That's a lot of people," James looked at the visitors. "Today must be a special day."

"Namaste," Gareth smiled at a taxi driver, "Kiya humein...what's the word for taxi...Kiya humein ik...I'll just say car..gaadi mil saakti hayi?"

The driver gave them an are-you-serious look.

Cristiano and James chimed in, "Namaste!"

"Uh, do you guys want a taxi?" the man asked.

"Oh he speaks English," Gareth reddened.

"Get in, firangi," their driver laughed. "I'm Aslam, by the way." He stuffed their luggage in the back and got in. "Hey," he asked Cristiano, "you look really familiar and you," he looked at Gareth, "need to work on your Hindi accent."

James cackled.

[ ASDFGHJKL AIRLINE WELCOMES YOU ALL TO DELHI, INDIA. ENJOY YOUR STAY HERE, #ZARIANO SHIPPERS!

Stereotype #1: Everyone greets everyone with Namaste.

No, hon, people greet each from "hey" to "yo", "namaste" to "salaam", etc.

Stereotype #2: Only Hinduism is followed in India.

Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Judaism, etc...you name it, India has it. Diversity is India's middle name.

vote and comment, lovelies, and let us know what you enjoyed and what you think is going to happen next xx]