Not So Well Met

"I, Grover Underwood, allow Perseus Jackson into Camp Half-Blood."

The barrier shimmered and rippled. I stuck my hand out, and it went through! "Sweet, it worked. Cool, lets go talk to this Chiron. I'm guessing it's Chiron, trainer of heroes?"

"Uh, yeah, one and the same. And, well, we got to talk to Mr. D, too."

"Mr. D? Like D for Dionysus? The God of Wine?"

"How did you know that? You really know your stuff."

I look at Grover, "Of course I do. My dad wanted to make sure I was safe before coming here. That means he taught me as much as he could. I know a lot about the greeks."

Grover nodded and started leading me down the hill to this big old house. Looked kind of like a ranch house, with slightly peeling blue paint. "Chiron! We've got a new addition..."

A tall centaur came out of the front door and took a look at me. His horse frame shied away and his eyes widened in alarm. "Grover, what did you bring him into the camp for?" he demands, a bow in his hands immediately, with an arrow knocked.

The moment he drew on me, my fangs extended a little and my daggers were in my hand. I held a defensive crouch, ready to fight or run if I had to. Just then, a blonde girl about my age came running up. She stopped the moment she saw what was going on, her grey eyes analyzing everything. "Uh...Chiron, what's going on?"

"Go, run Annabeth. Get all the campers into their respective cabins. Pray to Lady Artemis, ask for her help. Go!"

I rolled my eyes. Faster than Chiron could react, I moved to stand in front of the girl, Annabeth. I stopped. The smell. It was intoxicating. I wanted nothing more than to protect this girl. I don't know why yet, but I did.

She stood frozen, looking up at me, a little bit of fear in her eyes. My cold gaze softened, I didn't want her to be scared of me. "NO, leave her alone. Fight me, kill me!" Chiron snarled at me.

I smirked and rolled my eyes, though, I never stopped staring into hers. "A little dramatic isn't he? What, does he think I'll hurt you?"

Her eyes widen even more when she sees my canines. "You're...you're...you're a..."

"A werewolf? Yeah. I am."

"I should run...but I know you're faster."

"Most definitely. Faster than the gods...except maybe Hermes."

"How's that possible?"

"I'm blessed by an Olympian. A powerful one at that."

Her brow scrunched together, trying to figure that out. "Who would bless a monster, let alone a werewolf?"

My gaze hardened slightly and I could tell she noticed. "A monster, huh? Is that what I am? Grover, am I such a monster that I would kill the minotaur so he wouldn't eat you?"

Grover looked down, rubbing his hoof against the deck of the porch. "Yeah, you killed him."

I heard Chiron's intake of breath at the revelation. "Why would you do that? Who blessed you?"

"You ask so many questions, but I really don't want to answer them. I've told one person my entire life of my reasons for doing what I do, I don't think I need to tell you quite yet. You'll find out soon enough."

The door burst open and a fat man in a tiger print hawiian looking shirt burst out, his eyes just purple flames. "Werewolf, what are you doing in this camp?"

'What is it with the questions today?' I wonder. "None of your business, Dionysus."

"Speak with respect to a god, monster spawn!"

I rolled my eyes. "You don't intimidate me. My dad is stronger than you or your father. And I've been hit by the full power of his godly symbol...and I'm still alive. What can you do to me, oh mighty wine god, that should scare me?"

The god growled, but I growled back, louder. "Chase, stab him in the back!" he yelled.

I looked back at her. I could see the confusion in her eyes, debating what she would do. She could stab me, and I couldn't hold it against her. I am a monster, but I hoped she wouldn't. "Am I really so much of a monster that I should be destroyed?" I ask them all, still looking at her. "Have I, myself, ever attacked a demigod or god with the intent to kill? I have sparred with my dad, but I was lucky if I ever even got close to landing a blow. Why would I want to hurt any of you. My father was a monster. I'll agree with that. In every aspect of that word, I would agree. But you are going to judge me on my parentage? Look at you Chiron. Your father ate the gods, his children. Dionysus, your father kills his brothers kids for no other reason than the fact he is scared they will topple him from his throne. He filled the Olympian Council with his kids to ensure his throne and power, and even then he is still scared.

"But I've never done anything against anyone. I have to fight to survive from now on in this world because once it gets out that I go against the monsters, they will attack me. I'll always be hunted by the gods and demigods, and I also have to worry the most about the Hunt. So tell me, how is it that I deserve that, when you can clearly see that I protected Grover and he can tell a lie when it happens? Have I lied Grover?"

He looks at Dionysus nervously, "N-no. You haven't."

"Cool, so can we skip past this, 'I hate you because you're a monster' stuff. It's not exactly fair. Look at the Cyclopes. Not all of them are bad. Poseidon has them down in his forges under the sea, but yes there are still some bad ones. So couldn't there be other good 'monsters'," I ask.