A Fight With Gramps

A blaring of trumpets caught everyones attention, but I was already watching. Kronos' army was marching straight towards the Empire State Building, and his vanguard was leading the way. This could only mean that Kronos himself planned on taking Olympus.

While I might not get along with most of the Olympians, let alone the other gods, I still had my dad, and a few others I liked. Plus, Kronos intended to enslave humanity, not something I would look forward to.

I turned to the demigods, "Now, I know we've been fighting hard, we've lost a lot of friends and family, but I must ask for one final battle. I need you guys to hold off the monsters while I deal with Kronos. Prophecies are just rules and rules are meant to be broken. I never told you guys, but there was a prophecy given to my mother at my birth. I wouldn't live to see sixteen, fated to die by my fathers hand. I changed that. I killed Lycaon. I stand before you now, to show that just because it says a child of the Big Three will end Kronos, doesn't mean it has to be a biological son or daughter.

"Maybe it isn't me, maybe its Nico or Thalia, but right now, I intend to fight Kronos so we can all have a more peaceful time. Who's willing to back me up?!" It was an inspiring speech I guess. They did all cheer and start setting up defenses.

I could only hope I really could destroy Kronos. I had no intentions of letting Nico, if he shows, or Thalia near him. I couldn't risk them getting killed, even if Thalia would just reform.

Fifteen minutes later, I was wading through monsters, headed straight for gramps. I'd end him and his useless destruction as quickly as possible.

I stopped in front of his vanguard, now surrounded by monsters, having pulled too far ahead of the demigods and my pack. Oh well, its not like they would kill me. It was literally impossible to kill me with out me growing old and dying...which of course I can't do.

Kronos looked at me, and smirked in Luke's body. "Ah, Perseus. I assume you presume to fight me? You actually believe you could beat a Titan?"

I laugh, "Well, I fought Atlas and forced him back under the sky on my own. That was two years ago, and I'm a lot stronger now than I was then...infinitely stronger. I'm pretty sure putting you in your place won't be a big deal."

He snarled and swung his scythe at me. It seemed really slow and I easily parried it. I was shocked at the power behind it though. To a human and non-demigod, it would have felt like being hit by a semi. Even so, I wasn't about to let his strength stop me.

I swung my sword in an overhead arc, then quickly changed direction, bringing it in from the side. Despite changing up on him, Kronos had all of Luke's natural ability. He easily read through the move and blocked me.

I snarled as he disarmed me. I pulled out my daggers and we were back at it, exchanging blows, neither of us landing a hit. I knew this couldn't last though. I might have amazing stamina from being a werewolf trained by Poseidon and acquiring the Curse of Achilles. But I was still no where near the level of the Titan King.

I think I was in luck though. He was restricted to the capabilities of Luke's body and wasn't nearly at his full potential. I saw his swings getting slower and could feel them hitting softer. Albeit, by the time I could use it to my advantage, he'd have exhausted me, or knocked me out at the very least. Invincible I was, knock out proof, that was a no. He could still beat me senseless, just not kill me or do any lasting damage.

Then, I heard a scream. I turned and saw a Cyclopes with a sword in his hand. The other end was embedded in Thalia's stomach.

"Noooo!" A feral snarl tore from me.

"Damn it!" I turned to see Kronos...no Luke. He had his blue eyes back and he was staring painfully at Thalia. "I never wanted you to die...none of you really. Just wanted the gods to pay for not recognizing that we matter," he said collapsing. He waved his hand and the monsters around us burst into dust.