Dealing With An Angry Werewolf Wife

When Nico and I woke up, I could immediately tell we were no longer in Tartarus. The air was far too clean and fresh to be that hell hole. The horrors we witnessed down there before we were met by Nyx and two of her children were unspeakable.

They were fresh in our mind and we knew they would never disappear in our immortal life. But, we had bigger problems to deal with. Namely a Primordial goddess that was hell bent on destroying humanity, the gods, and just about all mythical creatures that weren't part of her army. Yeah, that seemed like a bigger problem than our time in Tartarus. Not to mention...our wives. Oh gods of Olympus, I'd fight one on one with Gaia if it meant I didn't have to face Thalia after this.

I sniffed around, trying to ascertain where we were relative to the pack, but I wasn't picking up anything. And I mean anything. I couldn't smell Nico or the trees that were around us and they weren't even five feet away. "Nico, can you smell anything, anything at all?"

He gave me a funny look before a look of concern crossed his face. "Uh...nothing. Like nothing at all. It's weird."

"I know. I've never heard of such a place. I can only guess that our bodies are purging that place from our system. I can't taste the air either so that serves to solidify my idea."

Nico looked like he was about to say something when a howl split the air. My eyes widened slightly in fear, as did Nico's. "We are so dead. I figured we'd have more time before they so much as felt we were back." I nodded accent.

"Well, its always best to rip the bandaid off sooner than later," I said, and howled back.

It was ten minutes before I heard them getting close, and five more before they burst through the trees. I still couldn't smell or else I would've smelled the anger rolling off Thalia in waves before she hit me.

She just barreled straight into me shifting as she went. I slid back ten feet before hitting the ground, which surprised even me. I mean, she was a full grown werewolf hitting me at full speed. Even in her human form, hitting me at that speed should have sent me flying. Instead, I just landed on my ass before she started hitting me.

And I did nothing to stop it. Maybe she did know what I did, like Nico said she might, or maybe she was just extremely mad at me because she was scared. I hope it's the latter.

"You idiot! Do you know how worried I've been? It's been two weeks, Percy, two dam weeks!" She was yelling at me, but I could hear that she was afraid for me.

I just pulled her into my chest and held her there, looking over her at Cecily. I winked at her and she grinned. I could handle Thalia just fine, until she started asking questions, but hopefully that wouldn't be 'til lat–

"Why do you smell different?"