We Run With The Man-Haters

@jasminebauer7
I groaned. Maybe it wasn't my best idea to stick with the Hunters, but it did get Zeus off our backs for the time being. Artemis, for her part, refused to let the couples be together. Ironically, Zoë was mated with Nico.

At first, she wanted nothing to do with him, but she came to realize that he isn't so bad. They are more like friends now. She still won't let him touch her, not even to hold her hand, let alone mark her. Selina and Beckondorf on the other hand, well, they marked each other pretty quickly.

I hadn't let Thalia mark me yet, but not for lack of trying on her part. I knew if I did, the alpha in me would want to finish the mating process. We weren't old enough for that yet. I wasn't ready, she wasn't ready, and Artemis would try to kill me for being so close to her Hunters when it happened. No, I held her off with excuses for now.

Clarisse and Michael seemed to be getting on pretty well, even though neither of them had mates, and Travis and Katie were taking things really slow. Connor was a little bummed out now that Travis didn't spend all his free time with his brother, but he'd get over it soon...I hoped.

As I was thinking these things, the smell of a forest and silver flooded my nostrils and I knew Artemis was here. I stood and turned to face her, "How can I help you?" I hardly used words to refer to her as my superior...at all. It was hard for me to imagine that she could be better than me, but I knew it was bad to refer to her as inferior. Since she couldn't harm me, she'd harm my pack.

"We're getting ready to head towards Washington State. I'm feeling a huge monster reading there, and we think some of Kronos' army might have fled there."

"Its been five months since then, I thought we hunted down the remnants of that army at least a month ago."

"Just get packed," she said tightly.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't think to get big with me Artemis. We both know who would win in a fight. And I've already deduced what you would have to do to get me to stay in line. You'd go after my pack. Now, I'll give you a warning right here. If you harm or threaten anyone in my pack, I'll retaliate in the same way towards your Hunters. I already know you're mad about Zoë. Remember, we run with you of our own free will, and because you are the Moon Goddess. We could just as easily go wherever we please. Keep that in mind next time you speak so rudely. I am not rude to you unduly. I expect the same respect as your equal."

I turn and walk away to my packs little encampment, ignoring the goddess' enraged face. No doubt she was pissed at me, and wanted to put me in my place, but I knew she wouldn't now, for fear of what I would do to not her, but her Hunters. Not that I really would. I'd have to be pushed to the breaking point, and unless they killed one of my pack, I don't think they really could.

We had made a name for ourselves. The Half-Blood Pack. (Idea from jasminebauer7, so its not really mine). "Pack, get ready. We're going to Washington, and I'm putting us up front, mainly so I don't have to deal with our insufferable goddess."

Chuckling was heard around the encampment as they got up and started gathering things for our change of scenery. I smiled and started helping get ready.

-------Time Skip

I could feel the monster presence myself now, and it was no small matter. I froze. That smell. I snarled. "Run! Get out of here, all of you. Thalia, get to Artemis and lead them and the pack away from here. Do not argue with me. I'll catch up as soon as I can. He's back. That's all you need to know."

Thalia looked like she wanted to go against my order, but the look I gave her caused her to nod her head and leave. I knew was here, but the smell was everywhere, and I couldn't quite place where he was exactly. Thats all I remember when something extremely heavy slammed into the back of my head and I crumpled.