Meeting Queen Dirtface Herself

Its been six months since the incident with Artemis. We've been on the move, and always hiding from her. Apparently Zeus didn't like the fact that some really powerful werewolves were out roaming about and he didn't have control over them. Didn't surprise me one bit. Selina and Beckendorf were...married per sé. They fully mated and had their own little thing going. We all gave them plenty of space. They were almost twenty and the eldest other than Zoë.

Thalia and I were next, turning eighteen, me this month, and Thalia in a few. Clarrise not far behind, about equal with her was Michael, then Travis, Connor, and Katie. We'd all be eighteen by the end of the year. Then there's Nico. He was two years younger than us, yet he was my beta.

He was powerful, and I was glad he accepted the pack and the beta position. Clarisse was a little put off by not getting it, or the gamma position, but I made her the head of the warrior wolves. My pack would grow, and no doubt, there'd be quite a few of us.

I already had some new ideas of who to extend the offer to, but, I wasn't ready to broach the subject with everyone. I'd have to talk to Zoë, my gamma, Nico, and Thalia as well before making a decision. I'd talk to the rest of the pack as well, just to see what they said.

The Romans. I hadn't been to their camp at all yet, but I met a few of their guys on quests while I was searching for Luke. I'd met a son of Jupiter, Jason, a daughter of Pluto, Hazel but only because Nico informed me that something happened in the Underworld and he brought her back to life more recently. And a daughter of Bellona, named Reyna, who, I incidentally, had accidentally destroyed her home on Circe's Island back during the quest for the Golden Fleece...oops.

Maybe also that son of Mars, Frank. He seemed far more powerful than he let on, or he just didn't know. He smelled different than a regular demigod. Not werewolf, but like an animal. He was a dead shot with a bow, enough to rival Zoë, my own gamma. She was teaching me the finer points. I wasn't terrible at it, just could be a lot better. As in, I aim for the target and shoot somewhere else...okay maybe O was bad, but I was getting better. I could at least hit the target now.

Well, I'd see if anyone wanted to go there later. Right now, its more important to stay focused on finding whatever was causing this weird feeling. Lately I'd been getting weird dreams of a mountain trying to speak to me. Last night, the mountain grew a face, a woman's face. She spoke to me, asking me to join her to bring down Olympus.

Theres only one person I could think of like that. Gaia. The primordial of earth. It would make sense if she's trying to rise. The way Nico was able to bring Hazel back to life, would mean that death didn't have as much hold over everything. This could mean several things, possibly multiple of them being true.

One, Thanatos was hindered in his job. Two, the Doors of Death were chained down which could explain the rise of monsters out and about. Or Three, Charon was hindered in taking souls across the Styx.

My bets lay on one or both of the first two. But, I didn't really know. I mean, Gaia is a primordial so she certainly would have the power to do something like that if she's waking up. But, what would it take to see her rise, and she would need some kind of major way to fight the gods. The Titans? Or would she be raising the giants? So many questions, and I didn't have any of the answers. It was aggravating.

I don't know. Most of these guys were formerly demigods...or in Zoë's case, a titaness turned mortal, turned immortal huntress, turned werewolf...yeah, confusing. I don't think any of them would turn against Olympus, even if they were trying to kill us. Plus, my dad still came to visit us and help us out. I would never turn against his.

Still...what were we going to do?