Greek Warships And Roman Fighters

Jason's POV:

This past month has been nothing but war preparations. Its been difficult, organizing everything, and to make matters worse, both camps, the Senate for Roman and cabin councilors for the Greeks, had a majority vote that made Percy the leader.

He hates that leadership role. I don't know why, I mean, he's a great leader for the pack. Maybe he just likes us? No, thats not it. He doesn't want to lead them to their death. That must be it. He saw so many campers die in the Battle of Manhattan. He must hate that and now he is dealing with it once again.

Tomorrow...tomorrow is the day. We fly for Mt.  Olympus. Malcolm has several places preplanned to set down at for restock and refueling. I just hope we can get past all the monsters. Apparently the Ancient Lands are not as...easy to traverse as they are here. Monsters everywhere, traps, and of course, the Giants and Gaia wanting us all dead.

I don't think Percy would let that happen. I mean, we have multiple parental couples in the pack, and we all care deeply for the pups, especially our own. But I don't think anyone is more protective or aggressive about it as Perseus. He's on a whole 'nother level with it, as it should be with him being Alpha and all.

'But we are powerful too. Why couldn't we be the Alpha? All you have to do is kill him...'

I shake the voice out of my head. It's been bothering me more often as of late, trying to get me to betray everyone. I think it plays on my hubris...yeah hubris that's what Perseus called it.

-------

Percy's POV:

The entrance to the Mediterranean is right there. But before we can go much further, we need to stop and refuel and restock. Leo, Beckendorf, and multiple other Hephaestus kids steered the ships down to the water so we could dock.

The moment we tied up, I felt the hair on my neck curl. But I couldn't see or smell anything in particular. "Be quick about this. I have a bad feeling about this place!" I yelled to everyone.

"I can sense him, daddy."

I turned to Cecily. "Who?"

"The one who hates Grandpa. He's close. We have fifteen minutes or so. I think that the pack should go slow him down."

She was so clearheaded. Just like Thalia. "I'm guessing you won't listen if I tell you to stay here, will you?" I ask.

She shook her head and grinned, the same crazy glint in her eyes that I had as a young kid. She's not even five quite yet, but has the body of almost a ten-year-old, and undoubtedly could take most of the camps on and beat them in a nonstop one after the other single battle.

I sigh. I nodded because I figured she'd say as much, before shifting into my wolf. I let out a howl to assemble the pack and we took off, Cecily at my side to guide us.

I could tell from the way Thalia was tense, that she knew something was happening and that she didn't appreciate our daughter being in possible danger. Neither did I, but I'd rather know she was there and be able to protect her, than have her show up unexpectedly and get injured or worse.

There! I could see him. How I couldn't see him I have no idea, but he smelled awful now. Like the sea itself was rotting away. There was a grin on his face when he saw us.

"So, Perseus, have you come to join us, or die?" His voice was deep and gravelly.

A voice sounded behind me with, "No! He's come to see you finished off." It was the male praetor, Jordan, with fifteen legionnaires. "Form up! Lock...shields!"