A Battle Of Wills With A Stubborn Goddess

Artemis glared at me, as if it was an affront to her dignity that I thought she was a whiney little child. She was, and I had said so. Maybe not the brightest idea, but, then again, she still couldn't kill me anyways.

"This is ridiculous. Father, just send them to Tartarus like they deserve. They've disrespected us, and your decree to have them brought in. Why do you allow them to live after this?"

I was really starting to get fed up with her. "You know, I have half a mind to send you to the same place you're so willing to send me? You, the maiden goddess of such purity. Ha, you don't fool anyone, Artemis. You've fallen in love before. Need I remind you? Orion? Ring any bells? Then, when he used you and tossed you aside because you refused to love him back, he fell for one of your Hunters.

"Oh, but you weren't okay with that were you? You wouldn't have a relationship with him, but you denied him the ability to actually have one of his own. So, in a jealous rage, you slaughtered them both, and blamed Apollo for tricking you. Albeit, that was his intent, Apollo didn't know the whole truth, just the bit his foresight allowed him to see. You let your brother take most of the blame when you knew it was your fault.

"What would your Hunters say? More importantly, what would Zoë say? She has yet to get a mate, after all this time, still trying to stick to your ways, while you couldn't even tell her the truth. You disgust me more than anyone here. You are the epitome of hypocrite. But for Zoë's sake, I won't say anything. Her sanity is more important to me than this petty squabble. But know this, if you don't tell her yourself, I will deny her and you, the ability to meet.

"You think you're powerful, goddess, don't you? Just remember, you have wolves that run with you, and they would answer MY call if I so chose. I want this to be done here. I want no part in harming a woman, especially one whose ego is so easily bruised because she is too jealous. You want a husband that will take care of you, yet you deny yourself and the girls with you, the ability to see the men that are more than worthy. You believe based on certain circumstances, that all men are out to get you. I pity you more than I despise you." I finished my speech and nodded at the King of Olympus. "With your permission, I'd like to go back to my pack. I assume you want us to help defend the two camps? I'll have Nico and a few others guard Camp Jupiter, and I'll take the other half and protect Camp Half-Blood."

Zeus nodded and Lady Hestia approached Thalia and I. She touched our shoulders and we disappeared, only to reappear with the rest of our pack.