Meeting the Council and Playing With Electricity

We'd been running for a while now and I still hadn't spoken up yet when Thalia said in my ear, "So you wanted to talk, go ahead."

I nodded. "You knew Annabeth right? And Luke?"

I felt her grip tighten up. "Yeah I still can't believe one's dead and the other's a traitor."

"She's dead because of me," I reply.

I could almost feel the confusion on her. "What do you mean, 'She's dead because of you?'"

"Lycaon killed her to get to me. He thought it would weaken me. It only made me angry. I destroyed him. I've been hunting Luke most of the time since then."

Thalia was quiet for a while. "Annabeth was like a little sister to us. When we were-" Thalia went on and on. She told me all about how they survived on the run. Eventually she fell asleep, and I stopped, shifting into my wolf form. I put her on my back where she clutched tightly to my warmth before I took off.

I ran for another hour before my dad appeared. I slowed down. "You need to be at the meeting now. Let's go." He grabbed my shoulder and flashed us to Olympus, sleeping Thalia and all. I shifted her slightly off of me, and shifted back, catching her before she hit the ground.

I looked up to find Zeus glaring at me. "What are you doing with my daughter boy?" he roared.

Thalia started at the loud noise, looked around, blushed, and turned into my shoulder to hide. I set her on the ground and moved in front of her. "I don't need you to protect me," she hissed in my ear.

I rolled my eyes, but smirked, and answered Zeus, "What do you think? Look, what I do, what she does, what anyone other than yourself does Zeus, is none of your business unless it is traitorous. I don't have to answer to you, or anyone here. Artemis almost felt my wrath, and if Poseidon hadn't calmed me down, I might have seriously hurt her. So how about you shut up, you over grown windbag."

"You dare-"

I cut him off with, "Yes, I dare to talk down to you. I dare attack Artemis when she failed at her own duty, albeit, I was wrong in doing so, and I'm still working to atone for what I did. I saved her from Atlas, but I'm not sure if that'll fully cover it. That'll be up to my goddess."

Artemis snapped her head to me, "What do you mean, your goddess, boy? Do you think to own me?" she asked, outraged.

I shook my head, "Of course not mi'lady. and please excuse my former actions. I dislike how you treat men, but still, at the end of the day, you are the patron goddess of wolves, of the moon, and the forest. Therefore, you are an important goddess to me."

Zeus spoke up again, "Why do you disrespect the King of the Gods, yet you continue on as if you did not? And I still want to know what your intensions are with my daughter!"

Thalia fired back, "He's my boyfriend!"

The whole throne room got quiet. I turned to her, but she just smirked at the stunned look on my face. I couldn't deny that she was cute, with her short spikey black hair, gothic style, and lightening blue eyes. Her badass attitude, yet could still blush like a school girl as had happened earlier.

Zeus stood up. "I forbid it. No daughter of mine will be with the likes of him!"

I growled, a low threatening sound. My voice became deeper as my wolf side came forward. "What is that suppose to mean sky god? I may not be worthy of her in my own right, but by no means will I stand by for you to insult me. I am alpha of all werewolves, adopted son of the sea, retriever of both YOUR Master Bolt and Hades Helm of Darkness, Bane of Monsters, and King of Wolves.

"Pray tell, Zeus, why you think you are better than me. Yes, I got a young girl killed by her being involved with me, but remember, she was in Artemis' care when she was taken. I don't needlessly murder the consorts and children of my brothers, even though I don't have any thanks to Lycaon, just because I think they might, MIGHT, try to take my throne. I don't cheat or flirt. And I'm no coward, sending someone else to do something that I'm more than capable of doing myself. I don't make stupid laws preventing parents from seeing their children.

"You know, if you let a real god, or even an immortal that cares about heroes other than just Chiron, give them help getting to camp, protecting them better than a satyr, there wouldn't be all these dead demigods or demigods turning to Kronos right now? But you saw fit to make yourself, the youngest of the Eldest Gods, King of Olympus, raped your sister just to make her your wife, and filled the council with your children, kicking your brother and sister, the two Eldest Gods, off the council in the process," I ranted.

If I thought everyone was stunned at Thalia's response, they were even more so at mine. Zeus sputtered, "Well none of that matters. I'm king and my word is law."

"Well not to me, "King"," I say sarcastically.

"Boy, you've angered me enough," he thundered. He pulled his arm back, bolt in hand. I saw my dad move but he wouldn't be fast enough to stop Zeus. I pushed Thalia away from me before I was hit and sent flying.

I hit the ground spasming. A couple million volts tingled. I got up laughing darkly. "Common uncle. You'll have to do better than that."

"Stop! I swear, father, if you do this, I will no longer be your daughter," Thalia shouted.

"Listen to her, brother, because if you strike my son again, you'll be spending a few decades reforming in Tartarus," my dad said.

I was glad they stood up for me, but couldn't look weak. Even if that bolt hurt, even if my fingers were twitching and I was on the verge of collapsing.

A small smile graced my face as I said, "Well since I'm not really wanted here, I think I'll take my leave."

I turned to leave, pulling Thalia with me. No one spoke out against it, so I lead her away to the elevator down into the Empire State building.

We slept at camp that night.