The Base of Mt. Olympus

"It's been three days since they attacked and you haven't even told me what the hell that was, Perseus. What are you now? Are you even one of us anymore?"

I whirled on Thalia, "Don't you dare think to question me in such a manner, Thalia. I am still the same as you, so is Nico, even if we can't shift anymore. We sacrificed so much for our pack down there. As you know, I'm no longer carrying the Curse of Achilles. Nor can I shift. But I was blessed by many figures down there. I have the power of the Five Rivers of the Underworld. Nico has the power of Nyx and her children.

"I love you, Thalia, but questioning whether I'm still with you is unacceptable. I still have my fangs, my strength, and my speed. Obviously we can still run as fast as you guys even with you in wolf form. There is not a moment that goes by that I don't wish we could have just been a normal couple, even a more normal demigod couple. But this is what we are.

"And I wouldn't change it for anything. And the sacrifice of my wolf form...I took that for you. Aphrodite visited us before you arrived, when we got out. She was going to try and kill me, not that she could but to save any issues, I volunteered to take a punishment instead. She wanted both Nico's and I's wolves. Without hesitation, he agreed. I know what you promised, and I wasn't going to give it to her. That would have created an abomination. Plus, I'm sort of a one woman kind of guy."

Thalia's eyes were flowing. "I'm sorry. I, I just couldn't bear the thought of not being with you. So I was willing to give anything for it. And I didn't mean to get you mad. I just...you've become so distant since you got back."

I sighed, and pulled her close. "That place was horrible. We were down there a lot longer than two weeks. Time in Tartarus is...different. What was two weeks here, was closer to two hundred years for us. I know it sounds crazy, but it was. And it wasn't like walking through a field of daisies. We were caught pretty quickly and even we couldn't fight against Perses, Phaellus, Krios, Iaepetus, and Koios. We were tortured for a lot of that time.

"I didn't want to tell you any of this because I didn't want you upset. I'm fine, love, we both are but it is something we just have to deal with. Plus...I think we have bigger issues to worry about. Such as Gaia or the fact that I think our daughter found her mate inside the pack."

Thalia nodded then jerked back. "What do you mean, 'Found her mate!'"

I laughed. "Don't worry about it. We need to go meet the demigods soon. They should be waking up soon and we will march on Mt. Olympus in a few hours. But if you really want to know, just watch who she's with all the time. I'm fine with who it is."

-

"So, are we ready finally?" I asked the cabin leaders.

"Yes. While you were making your way here, we've been preparing for and scouting the enemy. We've built catapults and the Romans built scorpion onagers. We also whipped up quite a bit of Greek Fire and will use it with them. Hopefully that will lay down enough damage in the rear of the enemy's lines that it will allow us to attack freely from the front without being flanked.

"I'm just worried about how we are going to take out the Giants. I mean, we need the gods help for that. And...I don't know how much the want to help right now."

I nodded at Malcom. Still the head of the Athena cabin since...her passing. He was right. "I don't think they will have an issue coming though. Every god owes me a debt for saving one of their children. My pack is comprised of people that were going to suffer horrific deaths and that could survive the change. Unfortunately I can't just change everyone. I just can't save all of you. And they owe me that much. So, when the time is right, I'm sure, at least a few will answer the call."