Time: Stories and Presents

"Well, it started with my birth. Lycaon raped my mother–

"And then, we were here." I told the three primordials my story. I look at Nico encouragingly. Being a son of Hades, he didn't like to talk much, let alone to others, and especially not about himself.

That was on one hand. On the other, these were three really powerful primordials. I really didn't want to risk them retracting their hospitality. No, most definitely not. I think Nico realized this too, because he launched into his own story, up to where it merged with mine. He skipped over parts where they were identical, just going on to where they separated.

When he was done, we looked at the three deities. They sat there in silence, sipping their nectar as we ate. Finally, Nyx broke the silence.

"Well, it seems you two have led very interesting lives, up to this point. I think I speak for all of us when I say I'd like to see what comes next. Meaning, I can't have you dying quite yet, and especially not to that bitch I'm forced to call my sister.

"No. We will have to fix that. So, seeing as you, Perseus need very few attributes to make you capable of fighting her, I'll be the only one blessing you. As for you Nico, I'll bless you, as will Aether. When you get out, seek out your father's temple in Greece. You'll know exactly which one, Nico.

"From there, we will meet you once more and bless the rest of your pack. But...there is a catch. You will be bound to us."

"What does this entail," I ask after thinking it over for a bit.

"You don't trust us? Hmm, as it should be. But rest assured, we have no intentions of overthrowing the gods. It's far too much hassle to try to run the world and be the embodiment of our domains. Such trivial matters do not entertain us. Mess with it, yes, but to deal with it daily, no."

I nodded politely. "Okay, so what does being bound to you make us do? Or what not?"

"Ah, yes. Well, if something happens, such as, say another primordial becomes a problem, we can call upon you. Basically you are our immortal vassals for lack of better words. Nothing heinous, but requests will be expected to be fulfilled."

I thought about it. A primordial would be hard as hell to fight. Even if I couldn't be killed by any ordinary means, I'm sure she could probably crush me with earth or drown me in it or something like that. There was always a way to kill someone, even someone like me. It was just really damn hard.

But did I want to bind my whole pack to them? No, no I really didn't. "I can't except on those terms. I can't have my pack bound to answer your call. I can't risk them like that. While they would with all technicalities be reborn here, what if some monster just kept destroying them before they could make it back?

"And I don't like risking them. The fact that they are even in this war is almost too much for me. Instead, I propose that only I be bound–"

"No. Alpha, I can't let you take that responsibility alone. If you are bound, then so will I be. Luna Thalia will kill you when she finds out about this, but she'll kill me too for not agreeing to go with you."

The three primordials looked at Nico and I. "You would give yourselves before your pack, to protect them? Even if we were to ask for more?"

I didn't like the idea of them asking for more of us, but if it kept Cecily and Thalia safe, then I'd do anything. "Yes, yes I would. I'd do anything to keep my pack safe, as would my beta."

"Good, that's perfect," Nyx said, smiling, almost smirking at Hemera, who returned it. Aether didn't seem to know what expression to use. It looked like a cross between anger, disgust, and resignation.

With a snap of Nyx's fingers, I saw no more.