New Beginings

Percy POV:

We headed north, away from the Grand Canyon. Jason had found his mate in Piper, obviously Beckondorf and Selina were already pretty much married, Hazel and Frank were mates, but taking it slow since they were still young much to Nico's chagrin, and Nico himself, well, I have a feeling his mate is Reyna, but Reyna seems to...hardcore?...to acknowledge this without him stepping forward first. Well...and then there was Thalia and I.

Something was off about her lately. Since just before we entered New Rome. Her smell was different. I couldn't place it yet, but I'd figure it out when I got some peace from her nagging about different foods and yelling and crying over random things. I just wish I knew what was going on, I mean, I've never seen her like this. She wasn't a crier. Yeller, yes, very much so, but emotional other than angry, no, I'm pretty sure something was wrong.

"Percy!" Speak of the devil, and she so shall appear. Damn there goes my peace and quiet. "Percy! I–I need to talk to you!"

I sighed and got up to walk to our tent we shared. Each couple gets one, and then the others split between a guys tent and gals tent.

"Yeah, I'm here," I say, scratching the back off my neck, hoping she didn't know what I had been thinking.

"Percy...umm...well, you see. Theres something you need to know. I–I talked with Reyna...and she said...she said keeping it from you was a bad idea," she said nervously. She was wringing her hands. Whatever it was, I probably wasn't going to like it. "Percy...I...I'm pregnant."

"What?"

----------

Oh my gods. I'm going to be a dad. I don't know how to feel about this. I mean, of course I'm happy, but...so soon? Gods of Olympus, what was I going to do? My dad would know.

I pray to him asking for him to show up. A sea breeze announced his arrival. "Whats wrong Percy? Whats the emergency, is Zeus trying to find you again? Is it Artemis?"

I shook my head. "Dad...its worse...Thalia."

He looked at me with pity. "What happened to her son?"

"She's pregnant. You're going to be a grandpa. I...I don't know what to do. I'm happy about it. But I have no clue what to do?! I mean, I'm not ready to be a father yet. I just turned eighteen. And...and if Zeus finds out. I think, I think that worries me more than what he would do to me for "corrupting" his daughter. I couldn't bear the thought of harm coming to my pup. I'd go ballistic...I doubt anyone would be able to stop me from destroying whomever hurt it. I just...I just don't know dad." I sounded like a scared little kid right now, but I don't care. This was a big deal.

He looked at me with a little bit of sympathy and pulled me into a tight hug. "It'll be okay son, I promise. I know you will do your best, and your best is all you can do. I have faith that your best is far more than enough to keep Thalia and the baby safe. The only thing left to figure out is, do you believe it too?"

I looked at him. He always knew what to say. He's changed so much from what the old stories say. A ruthless god, bent on revenge against those that wronged him. The King Minus' wife, the mother of the Minotaur; Andromeda's parents; and Odysseus to name a few. But now, he's so caring to me. Was it because I was his kid? Would I be the same way? Ruthless to those who would wrong me or my family, and benevolent to those I held dear? Is that what I wanted? Would that be a bad thing?