Chapter 12: Yami and Yugi

'Hold on Yugi-sensei. I'm coming.'

With that in mind, I began increasing my speed in order to cover more grounds and reach where my teacher is, faster. By the time I finished running the many THOUSANDS of stairs; I started running through the hallways. While my steady breathing began to match the pace of my pounding heart, and both of my legs burning from the amount of energy used from the run.

"Your teacher should be right around that corner. Once you turn your left, find Room 5-0-0. That would be the Science Room. "

"Alright."

The guy, Wing Kuriboh, just cooed in respond as I continue running.

'497.....498........499.......What the!?'

I stop running. Trying to get my breathing right.

"Why did you stop!?" Wing Kuriboh yelled at me, until I said, "There is no Room 500."

"What!"

Wing Kuriboh jumped out of my arms and stated to look everywhere.

"'W-Where is it?! It should be here! I saw them entered Room 500. So..... Why?"

When I finally recover my breathing. I look back at Wing Kuriboh to see his desperate face. Almost like.....

He lost something precious to him.

"Look."

Wing Kuriboh turn back at me. Paying attention to what I'm about to say next.

"If this is some sort of game you were trying to pull on me. Then I'm done here."

"No! Yami wait!" Wing Kuriboh desperately called back for me. But I ignore him. And started walking back.

'I can't believed I listen to every words that he just said. I'm acting like a fool now! And to think, I thought there is such things as real magic within our world. Guess it's all a lie.'

And it's a good thing too. Because Yugi-sensei is safe. Maybe he already left and is now with the others. I should-

"YAMI!!!"

I flinch. Before slowly turning back. And what I saw. Horrified me.

"P-please. Y-yami.....run!"

What lays in front of me is a creature that I have never seem before. Black as a shadow. Claws that seems to be made of dark, purple smokes, while they shift from one kind of form to another.

"W-What is that thing?!"

"There's no time! Hurry and run before it *mphmmm*!"

That creature cover his mouth with one of its claws before smashing Winged Kuriboh to the ground. Hard.

"Winged Kuriboh!"

I was scared for the little guy's life. The creature, seem to feel my fear, continue to smash Wing Kuriboh to the ground. Over and over again. Wing Kuriboh cried as it tried to brace the many impact as possible.

"STOP IT! You're hurting him!"

And what of it. Human.

"What the?"

That voice. It sounds so...sad.

You didn't care for his well being just now? You just left him here, as his life drains away bits by bits in his pool of sorrow. His cry is the only thing left that he can do now. Before fading away into complete darkness.

I was angry. And scare as well.

Angry that this bastard is hurting the little guy.

Scared for the little guy's life.