Chapter Three -- ONE WEEK AGO: 9:58 PM

Samantha's P.O.V.

     "Woah, woah, woah," I exclaimed into the phone as I sat straight up in bed and threw the covers off of me. "Calm down, Tyler. Breathe. What's wrong?"

     He took a deep breath before be tried to continue, but even then he couldn't get his words out. All the could be heard from the speaker was incoherent, mumbled phrases.

     I knew from the beginning something was wrong if Tyler called and Dani wasn't with him. The first thought that came to mind was that they had just broken up, but the fear and uneasiness in his voice told me it was way beyond that point.

     "Tyler!" I begged. My voice was supposed to come off as strong and full of courage, but instead it was fragile and weary.

     "Sammie? What's wrong?" Alan asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes with the back of his hand.

     "I don't know," I answered. "Tyler?"

     As if he whispered it from a mile away, he choked out something, but I didn't need him to repeat himself. "It's Danielle..."

     "What happened?"

     After he forced himself to repeat what happened, I stopped him before he could get past the part where he left her to get his phone. I told him to wait at the station, and we would be able to talk about it there.

     I got up and pulled on my boots and robe, however, before I could leave, someone tapped on my shoulder.

     "Samantha --" Alan said, "-- what's going on? What happened?"

     "Danielle has been abducted by someone or something, and I need to get to the station," I answered, wanting to go as quickly as possible.

     "Oh my God...What can I do?"

     I didn't even think about what he said. My heart was beating so hard, I didn't even hear that what he asked. All I could think about was what was happening to my little sister at that very moment.

     "Here, I'll meet you at the station. I love you, babe," he cooed. Planting a kiss on my cheek, he pulled me into a tight embrace before pulling away and disappearing into our bedroom.

     Almost as if the weather was reflecting off of how gloomy and terrified I was feeling, it stormed all the way to the station. I usually drive the speed limit or slower when it rains so hard you can't see the road. Today was different. I didn't care what was happening. There could have been a murder going on and I wouldn't have noticed. I only wanted one thing.

     Within in minutes, I was in the parking lot and in the handicapped spot. I would probably be fined but like everything else, I didn't care. I was too frantic to care.

     I flung the doors open and looked all around the room for Tyler. My anxiety increased when I couldn't find him, but someone approached me and said, "Sam, Tyler is in the back. We didn't want him to feel uncomfortable out here in the open."

     "Thank you, Doug," I replied. "Have you found anything out? Did anyone see faces, plates, anything?"

     "Calm down, Sam. We are doing the best we can. We are still trying to get something out of the kid."

     I walked into the room and saw an EMT kneeling down in front of Tyler, taking his vitals. Confusion spring ad across my face as I rushed into over to him.

     "He passed out after getting off the phone with you," Doug answered my unspoken question.

     I pulled a seat from the desk and sat in front of him, looking into his eyes. They were dull, no longer sparkling like they often do. His eyes alone told a story.