Chapter Six -- SIX DAYS AGO 2:15 PM

Danielle's P.O.V.

    After the guy left me in the room, I realized I hadn't been to the bathroom since before I left the café that last night with Tyler. What if that is the last time I ever see him? For all I know, the next time those masked men come in here, they could kill me.

    I started to sob, not caring if they heard. This wasn't suppose to be happening to me. I hate that it happens to anyone, but it's not fair. I lost my mom; shouldn't that be enough pain?

    I was still sitting in the same spot, not wanting to touch anything inside this room. I just want to be at home in my warm, cozy bed. This room is too cold to even pretend to be in my happy place.

    My head snapped up when I heard one of the men outside the door, talking to someone. I tried to listen in as he spoke.

"Oh. don't you worry, Samantha. That evidence will be presented soon enough. Just stay close to your phone," he said, opening the door and letting in all the light. Sammie?

    I squinted, blocking the light with my stiff arm. It was the leader -- I'm pretty sure he was anyway, since he explained "the rules" to me.

    He turned on the lights and chuckled, stashing his phone into his pocket. It was almost as if he jumped out of surprise when I asked, "Who was that?"

    "It speaks!" he laughs. After he puts a stopper under the door, he started walking over to me. I tensed up, pressing my back against the wall. "Wow, for awhile I thought you lost your voice."

    "Who were you talking to," I gritted through my teeth.

    He squatted down in front of me and smirked. For a few solid seconds, we didn't break eye contact, building the tension between us. I looked away, staring at the floor beside me.

    "I need you to do something for me, El," he started, placing his hand on my knee. It burned where his skin touched mine and before I know it, I'm swatting it off. "I can do a lot worse than that."

    My eyes snapped up to look into his, but I looked away, knowing he meant it.

    "You will do exactly as I say with this phone call. If you don't and say something else, I will make sure I hurt you well enough you won't ever think of disobeying me again. Got it?" His threatening terrified me. I couldn't even move to answer him. I just sat there, hoping what every I have to do with the phone call will be easy enough. "Got it!"

    I rapidly shook my head, frightened by his sudden increase in volume. He smiled as he watched my eyes welled up with tears, then said, "Just tell her you're here and want to be back home, okay?"

    I nodded, not wanting him to yell again.

    He reached for his phone and started dialing a number. Then, something came to mind, but I didn't know how else to ask someone who enjoys seeing me in pain.

    "Can I use the bathroom, first?" I asked, hopeful.

    "After we call," he replied.

    "Please? I'll be quick," I promised, biting my lip.

    Roughly, he unlocked the chain around my ankle, and started to place a blindfold around my eyes. I reached up and pushed his hands away from me.

    "What are you doing?" he asked. "If you want to use the bathroom, you have to wear this until you're in there."

    I nodded, letting him put it on me. As he guided me from my room into the bathroom, he was rushing and almost ran me over. Then, he huffed and pushed me into the bathroom, telling me to hurry up.