Chapter Eighteen -- FIVE HOURS AGO 12:53 AM

Danielle's P.O.V.

    I was so relieved when Alan told me everything. How he didn't suscept his brother to threatening with his fiancée's and soon-to-be sister-in-law's lives when he asked him out for lunch. How he didn't ever once think his brother was capable of all the things he has done. How his brother is forcing him to keep it a secret or he would slit my throat right in front of him.

    I know everyone in this situation wouldn't believe him or think he was lying his way up to hurt me more in the end, but I truly believed he was speaking the truth. Alan would never hit a women or take advantage of her. He saw what happened with how his father treated his mother. He promised himself and Sammie he would never treat a women like that, no matter what.

    "He's a sociopath just like Dad was," Alan concluded. He sat on the floor across from me with his back against the wall and his legs spread apart. His elbows rested on his knees as he pulled at the ends of his hair. "I never thought he could do anything like this, but I guess he's a pretty good liar."

    "Haven't you tried telling the police or sneaking me out?" I asked in wonderment.

    He sighed loudly before replying. "I've thought about it, El -- Danielle." He repositioned himself on the floor as he corrected his harmless error. "They have Eric at the front door, and Garrett at the back. It wouldn't surprise me if Carson was standing outside this door right now."

    I could see him shudder at the thought of his brother. He even cringed.

    "You can call the police, Al."

    There was so much hope in my voice that I honestly thought the police were on the other side of the door, not Carson.

    "Danielle, he told me that if squad cars pulled up, he would slit your throat without thinking twice, and then be sure to frame me. I'm not worried about me as much as I am you."

    "Alan. You don't get it! I don't care if I die. At all. If you call the cops and Carson shoots me, then I don't care! At least I would be the last to die. Besides, I'm dead anyway." Remembering how I told Sammie Carson was the murderer brought a pain to my chest. It's obvious she didn't hear me say his name. If she did, she would be here by now.

    I jumped when Alan's hand touched my cheek, oblivious to his movements from his spot on the floor. His eyes held tears of pity, but he still smiled. It was a comforting smile, though.

    "Trust me, Dani," he prompted. "I will not let them kill you if it's the last thing I do."

___________________________________
Sorry this chapter is soooo short but it's just a filler! I'm updating it with another chapter! Read on!

Shout-outs: unicorn_ways, cheesefists, Diksha_and_borkalita, and princesofhearts