Chapter Fourteen -- TWO DAYS AGO 5:57 AM

Samantha's P.O.V.

     Alan hasn't been home at all since he left for St. Louis. He won't answer his texts or calls, and it's really starting to worry me. He could be hurt or in the hospital. This can't all be happening to me, right now.

     I thought about calling the station, but I knew they would say something about 24 hours until it's a missing person case. Now that it's been over that time, I'm going to tell them and make sure they do something about it.

     Sliding on some sweats and throwing up my hair in a messy bun, I got ready. Before I even left my room, that familiar, terrifying chime was heard from my computer that sat in the corner. I had tried and tried over and over again to call that number back to beg them to stop hurting her, but it wouldn't work. For hours, I just sat there listening to the beep informing me that the phone was either busy or not connected.

     I quickly ran to it, wanting to make sure Dani was okay and wasn't in pain. Once I clicked answer that same room was present with my little sister tied to the chair. My heart crushed as I let my eyes explore everything that they have visibly done to her. Her arms and legs had bruises as well as both of the sides of her face. One side was done not too long ago with blue and purple, but the other was already a greenish yellow and black color. Her lip was bleeding and tears stained her cheeks.

     My eyes bulged as I seen what they done to her. Anger coursed through my veins as I breathe more heavily.

     "What the hell did you do to her? Why?" I yelled, pounding my fist on the desk. He laughed cruelly, and answered me with, "Because I wanted to."

     I scrunched my nose in pure disgust of this man. What goes through someone's mind to treat young girls like that?

     "Well, Sam, I see you haven't done what we've asked to save your sister, so --" he trailed on, holding the so for his own pleasure in seeing me have a sudden burst of anxiety. Who am I kidding, I've been running off of anxiety since I first got that call from Tyler the first night. "-- fortunately for you, we are giving you another chance."

     My heart leaped in relief as I figured out Dani still had a chance. I can still save her.

     The man in the mask pulled out his phone as he held out a finger as to say 'hold on'. Then he announced, "Your 48 hours start now. If you don't have that evidence destroyed by Sunday at 6:00 AM sharp, I will not hesitate to shoot her right in front of you."

     "O-okay," I stuttered, unsure what the outcome of  this would be and slightly blindsided by his words.

     "I'll like some proof of it, too, by the way. And don't try to fake it, because I can tell when you're lying." He walked slowly back to Danielle, and I could see her tense up in his presence. "Just so you don't even think about wasting my time with fake proof..."

     He moved her long, dirty and greasy blonde hair out of the way so he could lean down and kiss her neck. I could see the hickies that were already placed there, terrifying me of what all probably has already happened.

     "Stop it! I understand: no fake proof," I repeated for him. He smiled into her neck before pulling away from her. As soon as he walked away, she relaxed a little.

     "See you again in 47 hours and 57 minutes, love," he dismissed, ending the video call.

     I placed my head in my hands, terrified and frustrated with all of this. This wasn't suppose to happen to me or her. This shouldn't happen to anyone. She's my sister. I can't have her killed. I have to destroy that evidence. I have to.