Chapter Thirteen -- THREE DAYS AGO 1:13 AM

Danielle's P.O.V.

    I laid there in agonizing pain with tear-stained cheeks. It hurt to swallow, even breathe, from my screaming. Each time the wind would barely run across my fresh wounds, another tear would run down my face. Everything was hurting.

    I wouldn't allow myself to look down at what they had done. I had never been in so much pain in my life. No one ever deserves something like that, no matter what they did.

    I heard the door creak open, but I didn't turn around to see who it was. I just closed my eyes, praying they weren't back to take anymore. As I pretended I was sleeping, I tried to hold in the tears wanting to slip out.

    "Dani?" Alan whispered, fear evident in his voice.

    When I heard his voice, I could no longer keep from sobbing hysterically. It ached my throat to do so, but I didn't care. I wanted to go home or be dead. I couldn't take it anymore.

    "Shhh..." he cooed, rubbing my arm. "It's okay. Come here."

    Even though, I was nowhere near trusting him and I wanted to hate him for his betrayal, I flung myself into his arms, being careful with my hand. He was the closest thing I would get to home.

    He rocked me back and forth as he shushed me, but suddenly stopped. His fingers wrapped around my right wrist and brought it closer to his face to examine. A whimper fell from his lips as a wince came from mine.

    "Danielle, I am so sorry," he apologized, obviously oblivious to what happened. "They promised me they wouldn't hurt you."

    I didn't say anything. The only thing that was heard within the room was the sniffles coming from me.

    Why is he sorry? He is apart of this little group, and I'm sure they have done far worse things than this. They've killed many, many girls over the past year for crying out loud! He can't be sorry. He isn't.

    He pulled me away from him and gently placed my hand onto my leg. He left with a finger up, telling me to wait.

    About a minute later, he came back with a bottle, a box, and some cotton balls. When I saw the words 'rubbing alcohol' I shook my head. I didn't want anymore pain, and I knew that would sting more than anything else.

    "Dani, I have to so they don't get infected," he persuaded, frowning. I knew I needed to, but I didn't know if I could handle it. "Ready?"

    I somewhat nodded before sticking out my hand and squeezing my eyes shut. The pain would be terrible, but I  couldn't be too loud. The others would come in and do anything to make it worse, encouraging more pain.

    As soon as the stinging disinfectant touched my fingers, I took a quick in take it breath and bit my lip to keep out of screaming. Soon I started to taste blood as electric shocks went up and down my arm, daring me to cry out.

    "Danielle, you can open your eyes," Alan informed. His hand cupped my cheek. I shook my head, too scared to look. "I'm done, I promise."

    I opened my eyes to find Alan staring at me with tears rimming his eyes. He looked exhausted, physically and mentally. His bloodshot eyes and messy hair told me how much he hasn't slept lately.

    His blue eyes followed a tear that skipped down my cheek. Wiping it away, I turned away from his callous fingers. He dropped his hand with a sigh that caught in his throat.

    It broke my heart to hear him cry; I had never heard or seen him cry before. If he was used to doing this to other girls, why would he feel bad for doing it to me?