o n e

"YOU can't just let him use you like that. If he comes crawling back, you need to punch him in the face and back away," my best friend Tessa said angrily as she munched on a fry.

I moved the salad around on the plate with my fork. "I did, that's the point. I didn't want to deal with him anymore."

"Do you regret it?"

I stopped and thought for a second. "No," I said.

Tessa smiled. "It was the right thing to do," she reassured me.

All my friends were like that. Kind and artistic who wore way-too-big sweaters and ripped jeans and had graphite on their cheeks. Sadly, out of all of them, I was by far the least talented.

The cafeteria food sucked; the lettuce was wilted and her fries were crunchier than potato chips.

"Have you seen the new kid? Apparently his name is Shawn. Unique, huh?" Tessa rambled.

I nodded and glanced over to where he sat, in the middle of the popular kids table, the girls sucking up to him. I frowned at Justice, the school slut, who was bent in a way that her low shirt probably exposed her whole boobs. Gross.

Tessa caught me staring. "I wonder if he just wants to get into their pants," she said, obviously directed at me.

I saw how his smile lit up his face. He laughed, and it wasn't forced, it was genuine. "Maybe," I mumbled.

this is like so cute like ohmigoshhh
some chapters might be short, oops