t w o

IT didn't help that she was so beautiful.

"Off to hide in the corner with your loser friends?" she whispered menacingly in my ear. Sierra's brown curls dipped in front of her face as she leaned close to me.

Her dark skin was flawless, as was her carefully applied lipstick. Too bad she was so mean, she would have made a great model for a painting.

"No," I said quietly.

Sierra laughed, as did Justice. They hooked arms and walked out of the change room. I sighed, tying my hair up in a messy ponytail and putting on my gym shorts.

The gym teacher had all the girls line up, I was so near Justice and Sierra that I could hear their voices.

"Alright, girls." the male teacher squawked.

"I wonder why we have to wear these gross gym clothes." Justice whispered.

"Today we will be playing dodgeball-"

"He probably just likes to watch us run around in these tiny shorts." Sierra.

"-separate you up into teams-"

"Horny old creep."

"Ivy."

I looked up from my trance. The other girls laughed at my clueless face.

"Do you want to be team captain or not?" he asked again, sounding sour.

"Uh- Um.. no thanks..." I said.

"Fine, Sierra?" he said, scratching his mustache.

"'Kay."

She and another girl stood next to each other. Sierra crossed her long, gorgeous legs and said, "Justice."

The other girl who's name might have been Samantha or something said, "Grace."

"Britney."

"Amber."

"Stacy."

"Ella."

Until it was just me and the girl with autism named Rachel.

Sierra stuck out her tongue in disgust and chose me. I sighed happily. Anything was better than last.

Soon the gym had turned into a war zone.

I gasped as balls flew by me. "Catch one, loser!" Sierra screamed at me as she whipped a ball at a girl who let out a terrified shriek.

Tessa wasn't in the class, Taylor had faked a cold and Angie got hit immediately so she didn't have to play.

"Catch a ball!" Justice yelled.

I was so nervous I didn't even notice a ball whizz my way.

It smacked me hard in the face, and I stumbled backwards as it fell into my hands.

"She caught it!" Sierra screeched. We had won.

I smiled, but pain shot up from my nose. I gasped and dropped the ball, touching it gingerly with my hand. There was blood on my finger.

"Your nose is turning purple," some dark haired girl from beside me whispered.

"Ivy, I think you need to go to the nurse," the gym teacher said, "can someone take her?"

The girl with the dark hair raised her hand.

"Ashley." the teacher grumbled, as though her name disgusted him.

Ashley took my left hand and walked me straight out, my right was clutched around my nose trying to contain the blood.

"I'm Ash, by the way," she said with a friendly smile, "let's get you to the office. Never mind the nurse, your nose looks really broken."

I weakly smiled back. "Thank you," I managed to choke out.

"Anytime."