f i v e

"I love your shoes," Tessa said, elbowing me softly.

I laughed and pulled the ends of my new sweater over my fingers. I had paired it with a pair of pale blue distressed skinny jeans, my socks hidden in my grey converse.

"I have to admit, they're growing on me," I replied, wiggling my toes.

"How about Shawn? Is he?"

"I swear, Tess," I sighed. She burst out giggling.

"Okay, okay, I'm kidding." she chewed on the end of her pencil.

"Miss Woods?"

I turned to see the teacher narrowing her eyebrows at me.

"Sorry, Mrs Perry," I said, embarrassed. She gave me a stern glare and turned back to the whiteboard.

"To solve the equation you add the opposite reciprocal, which equals what?" she asked, scribbling numbers on the board.

I raised my hand.

"Ivy?" she sounded surprised. Fair enough, I barely ever spoke in this class.

"Negative twenty over fifty-six," I said surely

"Correct. Shawn?"

The boy looked up, seeming startled to hear his name.

"Oh.. Umm... Positive twenty over negative twenty?" he said, flipping pages in his notebook.

Mrs Perry walked over and snatched his phone out of his hand.

"Whoever Sierra is, you can text her later," she said, "not only was that question answered already, you answered it wrong. See me after class."

He grumbled and looked at his desk, running a hand through chocolate brown hair.

I grinned at myself, opening a new page in my notebook.

"Ivy."

"Hmm?" I breathed, startled.

"See me after class too."

-

"Shawn, your record from your old school says that you are failing," Mrs Perry sighed, "

"So?" He raised his eyebrows. He really was hot.

"So, you need a tutor to pass. And I know I can't force you to get one..."

"Exactly," Shawn interrupted.

"...But your mother certainly can. She has organized that you will meet with a tutor Tuesday's after school."

"What do I have to do with this?" I asked, confused.

"Ivy, your grades are improving. You should make a good tutor." Mrs Perry smiled.

My jaw fell open. What?

"You can't be serious," Shawn said.

Mrs Perry nodded. "Your first session is after school today, that is, if Ivy wants to tutor you?

I turned to look at him, and he looked at me. His eyes looked troubled.

"Sure, I guess." I mumbled, shuffling my feet.

filler chapter, oops. lots of drama to come