s i x t e e n

TESSA, Ash and my part-time friend Angie were curled up on my couch as we re-watched old episodes of Teen Wolf.

"What the hėll, the veterinarian is totally the alpha!" Ash cried with a mouthful of popcorn. It was her first time watching it.

I laughed and dug my hand into the bowl.

"Oh, remember this episode?" Tessa sighed, clutching a can of Sprite in her hands, "It was just you and Cara. We watched it as soon as it came out."

Cara was there too, slung over the lazyboy and checking her phone. She smiled, and I nodded.

It was quiet for a bit, as the wolf chased the kids through the school.

"By the way," I said suddenly, "there's a reason I had this sleepover. It wasn't just because."

"What's the reason?" they all pulled their eyes from the screen and looked at me.

"Shawn asked me out. On an actual date."

Tessa shrieked and some of her pop spilled out of the can. Angie's eyes widened and she raised her eyebrows. Ash choked on her mouthful of sour patch kids.

"What?!" Tessa screeched.

"He kissed me," I shrugged and grinned, "and I think I like him."

"Literally yesterday we were talking about how much you hate him. What changed?" Ash asked, coughing.

"His mom passed away and he's been having some trouble, so..."

"That's no excuse. He could hurt you, Ivy." Angie whispered.

"He won't hurt me. I won't let him."

"This is the worst idea," Tessa said angrily, "he pretty much assaulted you in the hallway."

"He just grabbed my sleeve," I said, my voice rising.

"You were pretty shaken up." Ash said.

"So what, you're all against me now?" I said loudly, whipping my head to Cara.

"What do you think?" I asked her, standing up from where I sat on the carpet.

Cara looked down at her phone in her lap. "I don't know."

"Ivy, we're not trying to make you mad, it's just-"

"All my decisions suck, right? Because I'm stupid and terrified. Right?"

"No. We love you Ivy, we're just worried. He's a wild card. You are the opposite of that." Ashley pushed.

My eyes were starting to water, so I just nodded and sat down, letting my loose hair fall around my face in a curtain.

It was silent after that, and eventually Tessa spoke.

"If you date him, you're jumping right into the popular's world. What about Sierra?"

I froze, a tear dropping down my cheek.

"I'm going to date him. But if he does anything at all, I'll dump him on the spot, okay?"

"That seems smart," Angie agreed.

I was his tutor, after all. I had to be.

worst chapter so far, sorry omg