f o u r t e e n

IT was only 10:24 when I arrived at my house. It was a long, cold walk, and my ears and cheeks were frozen. I took off my jacket and threw myself onto the living room couch, curling up in a blanket and turning on Netflix.

"Hey, party no fun?" Cara spun around the corner, walking over.

"They were drinking." I said in an exasperated tone.

"Well, duh. What'd you think they'd be doing?" she snorted.

I was quiet, and I pulled my knees to my chest. My eyes were becoming blurry with tears.

Cara sensed my silence and sighed. "Oh, Ivy." she slid next to me and enveloped me in a hug. Her long hair tickled my nose and she smelled like her fruity Taylor Swift perfume.

"I'm so sorry I was mean to you," I cried, tears streaking down my cheeks. "I didn't mean it I'm just so alone."

Cara squeezed me tighter. "I forgive you," she whispered, "and you're never alone."

-

"Hey, Ivy!"

I turned my converse in the opposite direction, squeezing my books to my chest and speeding up.

"Ivy!"

"Fuck." I whispered under my breath as he ran up to me.

"Wait, Ivy." Shawn. His face was contorted in sadness. I had never seen him like that before. Dark circles under his eyes. His hair was a mess. He looked... kind of scary.

"Just leave me alone," I said, backing up.

"Why'd you leave so early?" he asked, grabbing my sleeve gently.

I just stared down at his hand, my face turning red.

The attention of the hall was slowly turning to us.

I pulled my arm back, and he let go, but remained staring at me. People were starting to notice how uncomfortable I felt.

"Shawn... are you... drunk?" I whispered in a worried tone.

"Dude." A guy with dark hair said, stepping forward.

Shawn turned to him, and they stared at each other for a second. "I'm going home." he said suddenly, looking me straight in the eye before walking away.

He stopped suddenly, and whipped around for a second. "I don't need you to waste your time tutoring me, anymore." he said sadly, before opening the stairwell door and leaving.

I was shaking slightly, so confused and saddened. What the hell just happened?

The boy who had talked turned to me with worried eyes. "Are you okay?"

I smiled weakly up at him and nodded. I couldn't help but notice- his eyes were a beautiful shade of blue.

-

Ashley and Tessa lost it at lunch.

"He was drunk?!" Tess shrieked.

"SHHH!" I hissed.

Ashley had completely disregarded her poutine and was texted with a focused look on her face.

"What are you doing?" Tess asked her.

"My boyfriend is friends with Shawn- I'm fucking telling him." she grumbled.

"Hey, Ashley." The black haired boy had walked over, and plopped next to her.

"Callum." she sighed happily, and they kissed.

o.o
short af don't beat me up plz