n i n t e e n

THE wind blew through my hair.

The rain was strong and thunder crashed across the sky, lighting up the churning water below.

How did I end up here?

Tears and water streaked down my cheeks my hair and sweater were soaked. My teeth chattered in the cold.

How did I end up here?

I looked down at the water and sobbed loudly. This was the only way. I just wanted everyone to go away. But I couldn't make everyone leave me alone.

I could only make myself go away.

I thought of the painting I had just finished. It had taken so long to make. It was beautiful.

I thought of Cara and Mom, and how they could survive without me.

I thought about my group of friends, even though they probably don't call me their friend anymore.

I thought of Shawn. All his problems. He was so screwed up and yet I still lived him.

How did I end up here?

A car whizzed by, not noticing me, a small figure standing at the edge of the bridge. My sweater clung to my skin, soaked through.

The ledge I was on was very small, and I had to squish my feet on it in order to be able to stand. I looked down at my muddy converse and cried harder.

"I don't want to die." I said finally, out loud, my words swallowed by the howling wind and rain. I stepped down from the ledge.

It was time to go home.

after this is just the epilogue!! yay!!