Chapter 4

Bella P.O.V

Edward drove as fast as he could to the police department, where by the time we were there was flooded with journalists and paparazzi. Like any other person, you would've dreamed of being famous and followed by paparazzi, which in my case, this is not what I dreamed of.

Edward stopped the car and just like a herd of zombies, everyone ran to his car and started tapping on the window, flashing their cameras, asking questions. Do you have any idea of who the murderer might be? Do you have any relation with the murder - stupid question, really. Have you talked to Mrs. Newton, Mr. Newtons widow? And millions of other questions I couldn't bare to hear.

In between the crowd of people, Detective Clark comes to my door, telling them to back off of the crowd. Edward tells me to stay inside. When he gets off, he slams the door closed, preventing anyone from getting in. I see him struggle to get through the car who yell questions at him continuously until he reaches Detective Clark. The both open the door and yell at me to get out.

I jump out, hugging myself to Edward. Reporters start yelling questions at me, trying to stop us as we walk to the building. Clark and Edward both work together as a shield to protect me from the pictures. At one point someone yells, "You have her now! Let her raw in jail!"

Suddenly, I'm aware of the angry group of people that stand on the other side of the street, being held back by police man. They are shouting at me, everyone looks filled with rage. This is complete chaos.

Suddenly one of the reporters behind us asks in a very loud tone. "Isabella, did you sleep with your boss?"

What?

Edward let's go of me, the moment he does, I know shit is about to go down. He turns around, grabbing the male reporter who yelled the question by the collar of the shirt.

"Edward, stop!" I yell, grabbing the end of his shirt.

"Bella, no!" Clark pulls me away from him.

Edward throws the reporter to the ground, punching him in the face multiple times. Clark tells one of the police men to take me inside while he pulls Edward away from the reporter. I'm dragged inside, out of the press reach. The police man let's go of me. I sigh, pulling my hair from my face.

Clark comes in, dragging Edward by the shirt. Edward pushes himself away from Clark.

"Edward, you have control yourself!" Clark shouts.

"Don't tell me to control myself when all those people are saying false allegations about Bella!" Edward snaps.

That's when I realize everyone is the lobby is looking at us. I grab Edward's arm, telling him under my breath to take it down. He holds back but eventually does.

"Come with me to my office," Clark tells us, motioning us to follow him.

Edward wraps his arm around my shoulders and guides me behind Clark who walks through the busy lobby to his office. When we enter his office, Edward snaps, again.

"How did the press find out?" He yells.

"Edward, calm down," I say. I look at Clark. "Clark, someone in this office said something and it's not going to turn out good."

He nods, sitting on his chair. "I have no idea who or when did someone tell the press but they've been on us asking questions since Mr. Newton's death. Right now I'm having one of my most trusted officer investigate who sold the information."