Chapter 14

Bella P.O.V

I let go of his arm and take a step away from him. I don't believe what he says because then why would Edward save me the night Mike saved me?

"Edward saved me when I was attacked," I said as a matter of combat. "He was there, he fought Mike, why would he do that? Why would he save me if he wasn't against what his brother did?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe a better question is, how did he get in the house when it was happening? I read about your case, you were locked in your own house and Mike was the only one who had key right? How did Edward get in?"

I frown, looking out into space. When did Edward get in?

He smiled, pulling the hair away from my face. He placed a soft kiss on my forehead. "Good girl. Now, close your eyes," he orders. He sounds crazier than before.

I close them, pressing my lips together holding back my sobs.

"Now, when you feel the knife, you're gonna-"

"Leave her alone!" I hear a roar.

I have no time to process what's happening. Out of nowhere Mike is puller away from me and dropped to the ground. I shift around the bed to see what's happening when I see Edward punching the shit out of Mike. How the hells did he get here? When did he come? He pulls away, leaving Mike on the floor, taking the knife. He walks up to me, I try to crawl.

"Baby, I'm going to hurt you," he says as he grabs my legs and rips the tape. I don't know if I can trust him, not after what he did to Elizabeth. Do I let him explain? Or should I run. He rips the tape from my arms.

I look over his shoulder and see Mike holding my other lap. "Edward, watch out!" I cry but it was too late. Mike strikes Edward on the back of the head. Some of the pieces that break scratch my face. Edward covers his body with mine to protect me from the impact. He stands up, tackling Mike to the floor.

"Isabella," Mark said, pulling me out of the memory. When I looked at him, all I saw was determination and a little anger. Anger toward me? Or towards Edward?

"Time is running out," he said. Like I haven't heard that before. "I know you want this over."

I nod, biting my lower lip. "It never was over, wasn't it?" I asked, my shaky voice barely making it audible. He shakes his head. I sigh, sitting down on the bench near us.

Why can't it be over? Why did it had to be me? Those are the most asked questions around the world but yet they're so absurd. It was obvious that nothing was over because it wasn't. It was all so sudden and I know there was something wrong because I felt it in my gut. I knew it wasn't and yet Edward dragged me into believing that my life would go back in order and that we could be happy.

I don't believe Edward wants to hurt me because it's so absurd. He said he loved me, he has done so many things for me... But he lied. He knows his brother is alive, the he has killed people before and tried to kill me. He knows everything and yet he chose to leave because he claims he was making arrangements to not get his father's hesitance but now, was he? Or was he with James?

Mark takes a seat next to me, taking my hand in his.

"I don't want more innocent people to die," he said. "I can't go another day with her killer out there free, taking more innocent lives." I don't say anything, I just sit there. "Police may not be that much of a help, they believe it's over. But you, me, we can end this."

I look at him and frown. "How?"

He shrugged. "If Edward didn't let you die, then there has to be a reason. I saw the confusion in you went I told you this, which leads me to believe that you doubt his actions. Do you believe Edward loves you?"