Chapter 6

Weeks Later...

Bella P.O.V

I grip Edward's hand, hard as we walk down the long hall to Clark's office. He called us this morning asking us to come by his office as soon as we could. It was something very important.

"Clark, what's the matter?" Edward asks once we enter his office.

He motions us to sit down and we do. I notice the TV next to his desk. The video is paused but the image makes my breath get caught in my throat. It's Mike. He's sitting on a hospital bed, his face swollen and covered with stitches and band-aids. He looks miserable, he looks disappointed and something about tells me it has to do with the outcome of the situation he created.

"He woke up?" I ask him.

Clark nods. "Yes, about a week ago actually."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Edward asks.

"Well, first we needed to make sure he was okay in a way that he was stable for our questioning to be taken place," he explains. "This was taken about three days ago. I wanted to show you this since it gives this case a pretty wild turn."

He grabs a remote from his desk and presses play.

"Okay, Mike, do you know why we are questioning you?" A man asks in the background.

Mike nods.

"Can you tell me how you met Ms. Isabella Swan?"

Mike nods, again. "She, um, she came to a bar I was working at. Midnight Sun and she came straight to the bar and asked for a beer at first." He paused. "She was beautiful and I was surprised to see that she was alone. After a while, I noticed she kept drinking and she began to ask for vodka shots and even asked me to take some with her. I noticed she was in no condition of driving so I took her home, she fell asleep on our way there."

"I understand but Ms. Swan said that when she woke up, she was naked and you left a note implying that you and her had sex. Now, did you have any sort of contact in such way with Ms. Swan?"