Chapter 21

Bella P.O.V

I've arrived at my destination. I stop the car and look straight at the large, abandoned warehouse that's before me. I turn off my phone and just stare at it. I know he is in there, I can feel it and I can also feel the adrenaline run through my body.

I take the gun out, check if it is fully loaded and take the safety off. I'm not wasting time nor am I taking any chances. Once I have the chance to kill the motherfucker, I will and leave his body as a feast for the rats.

I'm coming, Ava.

I get out of the car, hiding the gun between my jeans and shirt and covering it with my large jacket. With a deep breath I make my way to the warehouse, each step makes my heart beat faster. Once I reach the large metal doors, I slide them open. They're so heavy, it took great effort to get them open enough for me to get through them.

The warehouse from the inside become so familiar, like I've seen it before but I can't remember where. It's so big it makes me think that perhaps it was used as a factory or something before. It's very dark in here except from the little sunlight that's left coming from a hole in the ceiling. The smell is mixed with raw wood and rotten flesh.

Rotten flesh...

"Ava!" I call out. I start walking further in the warehouse but it's too dark in here to see. "Ava!"

I take out my phone and put on my flashlight and I look around in my surroundings but no one is here. I'm alone in the warehouse. He's gone away with her again.

"Shit," I cry, running my hands through my hair. I have to get Eric to trace him again.

Just as I'm calculating what my next move is, the sound of the large metal doors closing catch my attention. I hold my breath and try my best to stay still. After the doors are completely closed, there are a couple footsteps in my direction but not enough to come close enough to me.

"You're here," the person said. "I honestly thought you were smarter."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you," I said with a shaky voice. "Where is she?"

"Waiting in the car. She's just a beautiful baby, just like her aunty." His voice is incredibly familiar but I can't make out where I've heard it before. It does not sound the same as in the phone. I make an attempt to turn around but he stops me. "Still. Do not turn just yet."

"Why don't you want to finish this face to face?" I asked.

"Because once you see my face you might faint. I need you wide awake to do what I'm about to do."

"What is that?"

He chuckled. "Really? Both you and Elizabeth are just as stupid. Luckily, the others didn't question it and accepted without complaints."

My heart starts beating faster once I hear his footsteps getting closer and closer to me. He's walking fast and with determination toward me. I hold my breath, clenching my fists tighter as I feel him near me without stopping. He stops right behind me, right where his chest is against my back and his hot breath hits my neck.

I close my eyes, begging to whomever that he does not notice the gun I have in the back. His hair traces from the back of my right hand, up my arm to the side of my neck. His light touch makes my skin crawl and my heart is now beating to a fast speed to the point it almost hurts.

"I don't remember when was the last time I was this near you," he whispered. "Last time I was you walked away to your boyfriend."

"I don't-"