Chapter 19

Bella P.O.V

The police arrived shortly after. Everything that happened around me happened almost in a blur. Edward rushed in the room as I cried out, looking at the scene before me. Ava was not in her crib. The curtains flew around as the air rushed in the room through the opened window.

A hand tugs me away from the room but I'm too shocked to even move. He took Ava, my poor baby Ava. The innocent child that has nothing to do with anything. A child that's been unaware of what happened around me. The hand continued to tug me away from the room until I find myself in the living room.

Rosalie's cry brings me back to reality. I turn back to the room to see her on her knees, crying out with the most heartbreaking cry I've ever heard. Emmett is holding, sobbing himself.

Oh, my God.

I did this to them.

"Bella, baby, please, you don't have to see this," Edward said, pulling me to his chest.

The police run past us to the scene, some of them are shouting orders to each other. I can hardly make out what are they saying. It's chaos here. Police everywhere, Rosalie and Emmett broken, Ava gone. All of this for an obsession.

I don't know how much time goes by when I wake up. I'm in the room I was staying in after my home burnt down at Emmett's house. The room is dark and silent. The only light I see is the light under the door. I get off bed and open the curtains. The sky is clearing and the sun is rising at the horizon.

I'm alone in the room.

I walk outside the room to find an empty hallway. The lights are on but there's no one around to be seen. The silence is broken by a couple of sobs and sniffs coming from downstairs. I make my way down to find Alice and Rosalie in the living room. Alice is rubbing Rosalie's back, comforting her as Rosalie continued to cry.

Alice noticed my presence before Rosalie. She looked at me over Rosalie's shoulder and slightly shook her head, as if to tell me not to bother her right now. I ignore her warning and walk towards them.

Rosalie looks at me over her long, soaked eyelashes and closed her eyes.

"Bella," she sobbed. "I can't right now."

"Rosalie." I kneel down in front of her. "I'm so sorry this happened. I wish I could have-"

"This is your fault," she said, looking at me straight in the eyes. "This is your fault, Bella."

"Don't you think I know that?" I snapped. Tears began to form in my eyes. "I know this is my fault because indeed, it is my fault. All that has happened these last couples of months is my fault. I know it is."

"Well, taking the fault for will not being my daughter back," she cried. "It was first me on danger but it didn't matter to me as long as he didn't touch my daughter and right now she's the one who he has!"

"I know, Rosalie."

"You don't."

"I do!"

"Is your one year old daughter in the hands of a serial killer?" She cried out loud. "Is she? You don't have kids, Bella. You do not know what I'm feeling right now."

"Don't you think I love her too? That it hurts me just as much as it does to you because she's also part of me?" I cry out.

She shook her head. "It's not enough. It will never be enough because he's going to kill her."

"Rosalie, you don't know that," Alice said. "He'll want an exchange for something, I don't think he'll be capable of killing a child."

"She's in the hands of a serial killer!" Rosalie cried. "He didn't care enough to kill a teenage girl. He will kill my daughter."