Chapter 5: The Awardy Awards

There was a meteor shower, but not the good kind. Big, flaming meteors were falling into the town, causing oexplosions and mass destruction.
   "Meteors are shooting stars, we shouldn't be running, we should be making wishes! Ah, I wish for a pony!" Amy said like a little kid, putting her hands in the air. (Like she just don't care ).
   "And I wish you would take cover." Sonic said, grabbing Amy while you all ran for cover.
   "Uh, how come your wish came true?" Amy asked, crossing her arms. Sonic simply smirked.
   "Should I use my meteor defense system?" Sticks asked.
   "You have a meteor defense system?" You ask, raising an eyebrow at Sticks. (You're getting more comfortable around everybody).
   "I have defense systems for all sorts of junk. Wildfires, floods,people trying to read my thoughts." Sticks said.
  "Let's just start with the meteor one." Sonic said. Then Sticks aimed and pulled a lever thing, causing a fly swatter thing to whack the meteors away.
  "The people trying to read my thoughts one is exactly the same, but with a tinfoil trim." Sticks said, smiling.

         ~Time Skip to Tails's house~

    Everybody was just kind of hanging around when Sticks walked in with an envelope.
   "Somebody left this at my house." Sticks said, pointing at the envelope.
  "Yeah, the mailman. It's a letter." Sonic said.
  "*sniff sniff* Letter huh, I don't know. Paper folded over paper, what's it hiding? What's it hiding?" Sticks said dramatically. Amy then snatched the letter out of her hand and started to read it.
  "*gasp* Sticks, you've been nominated for an Awardy Award!" Amy said excitedly.
  "They really need a better name for that thing." Tails said. You've heard of the Awardy Awards. It was an award for those who do something good for the city. Rich people usually won.
  "Oo, let me see it. *tries to read but can't* Oh wait, I can't read." Knuckles said while wearing reading glasses.
  "Let me see it." You say, your voice practically a whisper. "In honor of saving our town, the mayor invites you to the Awardy Awards. Conveniently, you may also bring your 5 closest pals.
   "*everyone blinks at each other and turns to Comedy Chimp* Sorry Comedy Chimp." Sonic says as Comedy Chimp walks out, slouching a lot.
"Anyway, the Awardys will be at the mayor's mansion where you will dine on elegant food with elegant guests. There the Awardy Award will be awarded to the winner. That could be you." You say, your voice louder than a whisper, but not as loud as your normal voice.
"I can't make it." Sticks said, her hands on her hips.
"What? Why not?" Amy asked, astonished.
"Well, I'm slammed this week. See, tomorrow rummage through garbage, Wednesday rummage through garbage, Thursday get tetna shot, Friday rummage through garbage. I'm booked solid." Sticks said, holding up a calendar.
"This is the honor of a life time." Amy said.
"Yeah you might even win a shiny trophy. You love shiny things." Tails added.
"I do love shiny things, but no, nu uh, no." Sticks says, so close to being convinced.
"Sticks are you afraid to go?" Amy questioned.
"Afraid? No! Of course not! No way, nu uh, nope. A little." Sticks says, looking at the ground.
"Sticks, there's nothing to fear." Amy said.
"Look at me. I'm a feral badger. I'll embarrass myself." Sticks said.
"Who cares what people think?" Sonic said.
"Yeah, everyone at these parties is a windbag anyway." Knuckles added.
"What a robust mustache you have, Colonel Grumpkin." Knuckles says.
"Thank you madam stink bottom." Sonic says, bowing. *Sonic and Knuckles both start laughing a lot.*
"Don't worry, you'll be fine. I'll teach you to be a lady with the help of (Y/N)." Amy reassured. You nodded in agreement.
"Uh lady, that's the thing that holds garbage right?" Sticks asked while you face-palmed.
"No. A lady is a polite and safisticated member of society and you can be that. Lesson 1, don't discuss garbage." Amy says, Sticks going from happy to slouching in a second.
"I'm out." Sticks says immediately.
"Come on, you can do this." Amy said encouragingly.
"Uh, ok. I'll try." Sticks replied.
"Great. A proper lady requires an escort for the gala." Amy says, just as Comedy Chimp appears in the door way. Everyone just kind of glared at him.
"Why do I even bother with you guys?" He says then leaves. Amy then turned to Sonic.
"No." Sonic says, shaking his head.
"Please. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of fancy folk." Sticks begged.
"Eh, fine, but I'm not wearing pants!" Sonic says, crossing his arms.
"Thank you! Thank you!" Sticks said, zipping over and hugging Sonic.
"If you want to be a lady, you'll have to train hard. Are you up for it?" Amy asked.
"Yes, but one quick question. Can I take this snail with me?" Sticks asked, holding out a snail. You face-palmed.
'This is going to be a long week.' You think to yourself.