Chapter 26: Fuzzy Puppy Buddies~

I was at Amy's house, playing this new game. It's called Fuzzy Puppies... and it's freaking adorable! Just... I couldn't get over how cute our playing pieces are! The game is all about strategy, and taking the other opponents pieces off the board... and I love it. Right now, Amy and I are in the midst of a match.
"Thought you were pretty slick, playing Warrior Beagle against Pugnacious Pup," Amy begins to say, only to slide up one of her pieces. "Didn't see that coming, did ya?" She then asks. I raise an eyebrow, but smirk slightly. I roll the dye, then fist-bump the air.
"Bam! Slobberin' Sheepdog is marking his territory!" I yell playfully, takin my own piece and knocking Amy's away. Amy's face contorts slightly, trying to think of a move, but then she gasps. I giggle, and start to dance around playfully. "Oh yes!" I say, and Amy just giggles a bit too.
That's... when I turned around, and Amy say... ah, all the other others. Whoops... they weren't supposed to see that... especially Tails... nuuuu...
"Uuuhhhh," Sonic drawls out, "What are you doing?" He then questions, raising an eyebrow. My arms begin to flail back and forth rapidly, my muzzle already starting to heat up.
"Nothing embarrassing, I'll tell you that right now," Amy retorts quickly, moving her arms from side to side slightly herself. That's when Sonic bent down, and picked up one of our pieces...
"Huh... cute doggy doll," Sonic says, slowly, and still drawled out. He inspects the piece for a few moments, until I snatch it away from him. I didn't want him touching any of mine or Amy's pieces... mostly because he would just make fun of us for them.
"They're not dolls, they're playing pieces. Which are part of a very sophisticated battle game that requires strategy, cunning, and merciless aggression!" Amy exclaims, then looks at the others once more. "It's called Fuzzy Puppies!" she adds in a more cheerful tone, her hands in the air.
Everyone just started to laugh... as I had expected they would. Come on... it's just a game about cute puppies, what's the problem with that? My ears twitch a tad, and I fold my arms whilst looking off to the side.
"Sounds pretty lame, Amy," Tails replies, still with a hint of a laugh coming out of his mouth. My ears twitched almost rapidly upon hearing that. Did Tails just... oh that is so not fair. He has a 'Hello-doggy' notebook for crying out loud!
"It's not lame! It's the coolest new game around," Amy retorts. I sigh, and gently face-palm. My saying something is cool in such a way, to me it makes it seem like it's less cool...
"If it's so cool, then why are only you and (Y/N) playing it?" Sticks points out, raising her eyebrow slightly. Schist...
"We're just honing our skills before the local Fuzzy Puppy meet-up at Meh Burger. All the best, most popular players in town will be there!" Amy retorts, folding her arms. I nod slightly, trying to win the argument here, but... it doesn't seem to be working. And I'm so talking to Tails about this later...

Well, that later will have to waist for much later, apparently, because Amy and I just arrived at the meet-up, our collections in hand. I somehow felt as if this wouldn't end all that well... We walk up to a group of Mobians sitting down at Meh Burger, and I almost instantly spot my sister.
"Excuse me, can you tell us where the cool, popular, Fuzzy Puppy fan group is?" Amy questions, clutching her case close to her chest. I tilt my head at a slightly angle, my own case hanging loosely against my side.
"Uuh, It's right here, at this table," Dave replies, pointing to the table. I wasn't paying all that much attention, though, since I had begun talking to my sister Zooey instead.
"Noobs..." I hear Fastidious Beaver grumble. I growl quietly, my ears once again twitching somewhat rapidly. I glare at him out of the corner of my eyes, and Zooey just puts a hand in my shoulder. I calm down, and sigh quietly. Whatever... but then Eggman suddenly popped up.
"Hey guys! Sorry I'm late, I was polishing my Schnauzer-" Eggman begins to explain, but Amy cuts him off, her eyebrows furrowed.
"Eggman! You're into Fuzzy Puppies?" Amy questions, and obvious amount of speculation in her voice. Yeah... why would Eggman be into a game like this? It doesn't exactly seen like his thing...
"Me?! No, no, never!" Eggman denies quickly... too quickly. "I'm evil and powerful Eggman! I wouldn't-ah... who am I kidding? Of course I collect Fuzzy Puppies! They're adorable," Eggman coos. I giggle, a wild smile coming on to both mine and Amy's faces.
"I know right?!" Amy says right back, smiling even more so than she had before.
"So, if you two could do me a solid, and not tell Sonic and those guys, ok? They'll just make fun of me," Eggman murmurs. I purse my lips slightly. As much as I despise Eggman, I couldn't help but sympathize with him on his one.
"Tell us about it. Don't worry, your secret's safe with us... sooo, who's your favorite Fuzzy Puppy?" Amy replies, a smile coming to her face once again.
"OMG! How can you choose just one?" Eggman nearly squeals. I giggle at this. Perhaps... Eggman has changed slightly? What... (Y/N), are you stupid? He kidnapped you, injected you or somehow gave you this weird power, then tossed you out into the woods to fend for yourself! He's awful! Amy, Eggman, and I all sit down, though.
"You know Eggman, maybe your not so bad after all," Amy says, smiling still.