Chapter 23: M-my past?!

(Very loosely, I really mean loosely, based off the episode Tails's crush).

"Wait... wait, wait, wait... what?!?!?" Amy exclaims. I glance at her, but smile.
           "My sister... I haven't seen her in twelve years. This is my sister." I reply. After I say this, there's a silence that hung over the area.
"How did you... find out about her?" Amy questions.
"Resident book." I reply, shrugging a little.
"There's such thing as those?" Knuckles questions. I nod.
"Apparently." Is all I reply. Zooey looks around at everyone.
"So... you made friends with the heroes of the town. Good choice. Hold up... are those swords?!" Zooey exclaims. I glance at her, but take my swords out of their sheaths.
"Yes, yes they are." I reply. Zooey shakes her head.
"Does that mean you became a hero, too?" She questions, to which Tails's nods.
"Yeah she did, and a very good one at that!" Tails states happily. I blush a little, but turn back to Zooey, who raises an eyebrow.
               "Hold on..." She mumbles, grabbing my arm and dragging me off to he side. "Do you... like Tails?" She questions quietly. This makes me smile slightly.
"Like him? Well... yes, I love him. Uh... I mean... Tails is kind of... my, uh, boyfriend..." I reply awkwardly, rubbing my neck sheepishly. Zooey's eyes widen in surprise.
"Your what?!" She exclaims, which makes me laugh a little. I put a hand on her shoulder, looking back at the others, who seemed confused.
"Ah... perhaps we should go over to our house. We have a lot to catch up on." I suggest. Her eyes widen more.
"Wait... 'our'? Does that mean... are you two living together?!" Zooey questions loudly. I almost laugh again, but put a hand up to my lips.
"I told you... we have a lot to catch up on." I say once more, leading her back to the others.

We eventually sorted everything out. We decided to invite Zooey and my parents over the next day...since we have a lot of catching up to do.
Right now, though, it was pretty late, and Tails and I were in bed. We were both... freaking out quite a bit.
"Now I'm nervous! (Y/N), these are your parents we're talking about!" Tails says. He was freaking out, because he thinks they won't like him... etc.
"Tails, I'm freaking out too. I haven't seen them in 12 years...I have not idea how they'll react!" I retort.
            "Right... sorry about that." Tails apologizes. I wave a hand, cuddling close to him.
               "That's ok, I understand your nervousness..." I reply, rubbing my nose to his chest. I glance up, noticing the light blush on his cheeks. I smile slightly against his chest, but then kiss Tails's cheek lightly. "You're so cute..." I mumble quietly, which makes his blush a little darker.
             "W-well... we should get to sleep, we, but you mostly, have a long day ahead. So... uh, good night, my little Angel Artist." Tails replies, kissing my head lightly.
             "Ah, good night... Captain Cuddles..." I say quietly, snuggling closer to him. Tails laughs a little. I smile, and soon Tails falls asleep. I find myself struggling to do so, though...

Well, I eventually fell asleep, despite my worried demeanor. It took awhile... but I'm happy I did eventually.
            Once we woke up, Tails and I started cleaning the house. It took a decent amount of time, but everything was pretty clean before hand, so... We then started to prepare lunch, for that's when my family decided they would come over.
                Tails and I decided to make spaghetti, since it was simple, but still yummy. There were only three stools at the island, so Tails and I were just going to stand. We set out all the plates, and prepared everything in general. 
                Tails and I decided to spend the last 15 minutes prepping our emotions and calming each other's nerves. This really was going to be... odd, seeing as how I haven't seen my family for ages, and Tails is my boyfriend... and, well, I think you understand.
               What seems like too soon, the doorbell rings. I quickly walk over, and open it up, revealing Zooey, my mother, and my father. I smile, and quickly let them inside. Once they were all in, I'm pulled in for a tight hug.
I look, realizing that both my mother and father were hugging me. I hug back swiftly, looking up once more. After a little bit, the hold loosens, my mother still gripping onto my shoulders.
"Ah... look at you. You're so grown up... so beautiful. My smart little angel... it has been too long." My mother says, a few tears escaping on to her cheeks. I smile sadly, my eyes starting to water a little.
"Mom... Dad... it really has been too long..." I reply quietly, a single tear falling. My parents hug me again, Zooey joining in this time. I glance to the side, where Tails was standing awkwardly. I clear my throat a bit, and everyone releases from the hug. I back up a bit, walking over to Tails. "Uh... this is Tails." I introduce quietly.
"Well... my real name is Miles Prower... but everyone calls me Tails! It's nice to meet you, Mrs. and Mr. (L/N). We've... uh, (Y/N) and I have been trying to find you for awhile..." Tails says awkwardly. My mother walks up to him.
"Ah, so you're (Y/N)'s boyfriend...  Zooey was freaking out about this last night. So, you're the reason my daughter has been found, eh?" My mother says.
"Well, she has apparently been into town before... but she kind of found me. There was this whole audition thing she took part in... that's how I met her, and, well, after that, (Y/N) became part of the team." Tails explains. I smile, nodding slightly.
"I can tell you guys all about it over lunch." I say, Tails and I showing them into the kitchen. "We, ah, made spaghetti." I add as we walk in. Once everyone was settled and had some food, we started eating and talking at the island.
"I don't know how comfortable I feel about my daughter living with some boy." My dad says. I glance at him, frowning.
"Ah, father, Tails isn't just some boy... and I'm only living here because I used to live in an old, run down cottage in the woods. The place was about to collapse in on itself." I retort.
"Actually, that's something both of us have been wondering. You see, (Y/N) here couldn't seem to remember anything that happened to her between the ages 3-5. Is there anything that you know?" Tails questions as politely as possible. My family frowns at this.
"Between the ages 3-5? That's when... when you were three... that's when you were taken away from us." My mother explains quietly. I raise an eyebrow.
"What?" I question. My mother glances off to the side, sighing.
"When you were three... this one day, the four of us were in town... and, well... this big, fat man with a large mustache, well, he attacked us... and, and... he took you away. That's when we never saw you again, until today, of course." My mother explains briefly.
"We have no idea why he took you... but... by the circumstances... I can only guess that he raised you for those three years." My father adds.
"Wait... a big, fat man with a mustache? I was kidnapped by him? That would explain why I don't remember anything from ages 3-5... and who it was. Why I have powers... One day I woke up in the middle of the woods... and this note explained who I was, how old I was... everything..." I mumble incoherently.
"(Y/N)... I think we may have just figured this out." Tails points out. I nod.
"Everything fits." I confirm, nodding. I glance up at my family, who all seemed confused. "Ah... uh. There's a lot I need to explain." I say, rubbing the back of my neck.