Chapter 15: Aim Low

Your POV

The gang and I were fighting another one of Eggman's robots. This time it was based on a Scorpion. Something felt wrong with Eggman, though. He wasn't as hyped as usual.
He was also avoiding me at all costs. The scorpion was simple to defeat. The stinger (I think that's what it's called) went flying. Eggman marched up to it.
"You may have defeated my scorpionbot, but I've got one more trick up my sleeve." Eggman says, a little bit more hyped. He then pressed his armband. A giant satellite thing then came rolling out.
      "Give it a sec, it needs to warm up. He." Eggman explained. When it nearly loaded all the way, Sonic smashed it. I sighed. In all honesty, I wanted to see what it did.
      "Still waiting on that trick." Sonic says bluntly as he walks back towards us. Eggman slowly walked back to his Eggmobile. When he got to it, Eggman slowly flu away. The gang and I continued to watch him go.
      "Is it just me or has Eggman not been bringing his A-game lately?" Sonic asks.
      "Maybe our A-game makes his A-game look like a Z-game. That's much worse if you understand the alphabet... Isn't it?" Knuckles says, completely confusing himself.
      "It does kind of feel like Eggman is just going through the motions." Tails adds. I decide to bring the whole Eggman-is-scared-of-me thing up now.
      "Does anyone else notice that Eggman is actually scared of me and doing his best to avoid me?" I ask somewhat quietly. The gang heard what I said anyway.
      "I've noticed that too. It's kind of odd. I mean, your an amazing fighter and all, but I you wouldn't think someone like Eggman would be scared, you know?" Amy says. Tails's eyes widen.
      "(Y/N), we have to go back to my house. Now." Tails commands. I raise an eyebrow.
     "Ok then." I say. Tails grabs my hand and we take off. I look back to see the gang with confused looks on their face.

                ~Small Time Skip~

     We were back at Tails's house. I looked at Tails who had pulled me into his workshop.
    "Ok Tails, what did you need?" I ask, trying not to sound impolite. Tails rubs his head. 
     "You know how you mentioned that Eggman was scared of you?" Tails asks. I nod. "Well I believe it has something to do with your past. Tell me, what's the earliest you can remember?" Tails states. I scratch my head.
      "The last thing I remember was waking up in the middle of the forest. I was only 3 years old. Before I woke up, I remember a faint feeling of something similar to an explosion. I'm not sure." I say honestly. Tails looks down.
       "Ok. That's what I thought you'd know. Do you remember having any family or anything?" Tails asks. I look down and start to think harder.
      "I-I kind of remember having a mom and dad. I may have also had an older sister. She was about 1 year older, I think. I'm not positive about any of the information I'm giving you, though." I say. Tails looks at you.
      "I'm thinking that something happened to your parents. As for a sister, there's a girl who looks a lot like you in this town. You might be related. We won't confront her until later on when we have more information. Also, I-I'm thinking your powers had something to do with Eggman. That's why he's scared of you. He senses that your familiar, but doesn't know how." Tails explains.
      I try to process what he said. Basically, my parents have a high chance of being dead, my sister might live in this town, and Eggman gave me my powers? That sounds decently logical.
      "I-I guess that would make sense." I say. Tails pulls me in for a hug, wrapping his arms around my waist. I put my arms around his neck and bury my head in his shoulder.
     "I know it's probably a lot to process, even for a smart girl like you. Just think about it. We'll further explore this study another time. Also, it's just a theory, there's a chance it's not true." Tails says.
     "Ok. Sounds good." I mumble into his chest. Tails starts petting my hair. It actually feels kind of nice, so I leave it be.

Eggman's POV

I slowly trudged into my lair. What's up with me? I lost all my confidence. I walk over to my couch dejectedly. I pick up the remote and push the on button. Nothing.
"Another fine piece of Eggman technology." I say to myself. I push the button multiple times before the T.V turns on. I flip through 2 channels until I see this commercial. There's a blue eagle with white feathers and white gloves on a basketball court.
"Are you born to soar like an eagle but just can't get up off the ground?" The commercial asked. I sit up.
"I was! And I can't..." I say to myself miserably. It shows the eagle soaring through the sky on a jet pack.
"You can soar like an eagle." A female voice says. I sit up again.
"I can?" I ask the T.V. It turned back to the eagle.
"Were you born to soar like an eagle, but obstacles, just, get in the way?" The eagle asks. The eagle then chops a piece of wood in half.
"I already answered that, and yes." I say again.
"I'm Soar the Eagle! And I can show you how to be the best you you can be! My amazing seminar can show you how to soar like an eagle!" Soar the Eagle says. I sit there looking amazed. "Call now to book me for your next corporate event, wedding, or sweet 16." Soar adds.
I sit up, mouth wide open while angelic music plays. I look around. That's weird. I don't remember building a music-mood robot. Anyway, I call this Soar the Eagle guy up. This is just what I needed.