Chapter 12: Circus of Plunders

You and the rest of the gang were in the mountains, fighting Eggman's new robot. Well, everyone except Tails. He was going to come in by plane, using a laser to destroy Eggman's robot.
     You were ok with this, but you didn't understand why Tails wouldn't allow you to help him. I mean, you 2 were like a duo, right? Or maybe he thought you were to clingy.
   You never thought about any of this for more than a minute or so, it would start to hurt after awhile. It always made you very self conscious. This is the worst thing to feel in battle; since it puts you at greater risk of getting hurt.
     You knew this, so why didn't you just drop the subject? You had no idea. It was just kind of stuck in your brain. You were running alongside Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks.
    "Knuckles, flank left." You hear Amy command over the sound of your thoughts.
    "I don't take orders from you. You flank left." Knuckles argued back.
    "Why do we have to have this discussion every single time?" Amy asks, slowing her run at the sound of a boom. You look over to where the noise came from.
    "Behold, the awesome power of Octopusbot." Eggman said, sitting in a robot that was obviously an Octopus because of the tentacle size in relation to the head. Sonic ran over, and started to shake one of the tentacles.
"Nice to meet ya." Sonic says, spin-dashing around causing the tentacles to form a knot. Amy ran up and dodges attacks from a tentacle. She then bashes it right off with her hammer.
Eggman then goes after Sticks. She jumps onto some rocks and does a front flip over the robot. While doing this, one of the tentacles was trying to hit her, and it lodged into the top of the robot when she jumped over.
Sonic then ran over. He ran around the robot in circles while the tentacles tried to hit him.
"You know, this would be easier if you'd all stop moving around." Eggman says. You roll your eyes.
    "Sorry, can't hear ya. To busy running circles around your sqiudbot." Sonic says mockingly.
    "It's not a squid, it's an octopus. Can't you tell from the size of the tentacles in relation to the head?" Eggman says irritably.
    "Sonic, my laser guided unpulterizer is ready to go. I've got a clean shot at spiderbot." Tails says into his earpiece.
    "It's an octopus, an octopus." Eggman corrects in complete annoyance.
     "Tails, have you even tested it yet?" Sonic asks uncertainly.
     "Don't worry, it'll work." Tails assures, aiming at Octopusbot and pressing a button. It fires a laser which bounces off a bunch of rocks, then hits part of a broken tentacle. The piece launches off and hits a pile of rocks. Those then fall, heading straight towards you and the gang. "That's not good." Tails says. 
     As rocks come towards her, Sticks screams. She then hops onto a giant rock.
    "I should've taken that log rolling class." She remarks, running on the rock. Knuckles was punching smaller rocks away.
     "Keep them coming. I could do this all day." Knuckles says. He's then run over by a giant bolder. "I could use a breather." He says in exasperation.
   The giant bolder then came towards you. When it got to you, you slice it in half with one of your swords with practically no effort at all. The halves spilt and fell, going past you.
     Let's just say you looked amazing, and Tails got distracted for a second. He purposely started to fly directly at Eggman, but was knocked away by a tentacle. You flinch when you saw the plane go haywire, looking at it with an extremely worried expression and a bad feeling in your stomach.
     "Hehehe. How the tide has turned. That's a nautical reference, since it's a squid. I mean octopus. Gggrrr. Great, now you e got me doing it." Eggman says.
    Sonic then jumps on the back of the robot, pulling out some of the wiring. It falls to the ground, ink coming out of the bottom of it. Amy took a step back.
     "Gross." She complained, putting her hands up. The top of the robot comes off and forms an Eggmobile like thing with a roof.
     "I'll be back. And, next time, study your Cephalopods before we do battle." Eggman says in an angry tone before flying off. Tails hops out of his plane.
     "Guys, I don't know what happened." Tails explains honestly.
     "I'll tell you what happened, your laser almost turned us into robo fish food." Amy says in an angry manner.
     "Yeah, and not the delicious flaky kind." Knuckles adds in irritation.
     "I'm sorry, it malfunctioned." Tails apologizes. Sticks steps forward. You wanted to say something, but hadn't gotten the chance.
     "Maybe it didn't malfunction. Maybe, this isn't even Tails. He might be one of those sleeper agents. A mole, pretending to be a fox. A fox-mole." Sticks accused, running up to Tails. She started pulling on his fur.
     "Ow! Quit it!" Tails says in pain. You run up step in between them.
     "Calm down. Everyone needs to stop accusing Tails. We all make mistakes, nobody's perfect." You say, defending Tails. Amy glares at you.
     "Are you defending him just because he's your boyfriend? That doesn't seem fair. Also, we could've been seriously injured. And, yes, everyone makes mistakes, but I don't see you confessing to anything you do, little Miss Perfect." Amy says in a rude manner.
     "No I'm not defending him just because he's my boyfriend. I know that wouldn't be fair. And I'm not perfect! Never have I been, and never will I be. Also, I do confess to when I make a mistake. Like when I was caught by Eggman, or when I yelled at you guys. I know I apologized for the second one. I also apologized when I almost hurt all of you when I went out of control. You know, when I got mad." You retort, staring to feel your anger rising.
     "You're not perfect? It's hard to agree with that. Your smart, pretty, powerful, humble, modest, great at drawing, baking, and cooking. How could you get more perfect than that? Oh, and you also have an amazing singing voice. Your always so shy, and never cocky. You're to perfect. It makes you seem inmobian. I bet you're just a robot created by Eggman to come and infiltrate us. You must not have any true emotions, and this would explain how you have no family and are a perfect fighter. You are a soulless, heartless, and emotionless robot that cares about no one other than yourself." Amy fires back.
     Those comments hurt, a lot. You thought Any was your best friend. How could, just a day ago, you 2 have been having so much fun together. You didn't understand it. You were extremely mad, and extremely sad at the same time.
      "I-I'm not a r-robot, A-Amy. I t-thought you cared. I t-thought you were my b-best friend." You say quietly, your eyes starting to water. You never cry, and you weren't planning on starting to do so now. Amy's eyes widen, just realizing what she had said.
     "(Y/N), I didn't mean that. I don't know what came over me. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I didn't mean it." Amy says, staring to walk toward you. She was about a foot away from you when it happened.
     Amy was sent launching back. You didn't know how. Fortunately, she landed in Sonic's arms. Your hands start shaking. You look down, your eyes widening with fear when you realized that you had caused it.
     You ran, and ran. You didn't want to see the gang for a long time. It hurt you to do so, for they were all such great friends. You just knew you would end up hurting them, one way or another.
    Then again, maybe some space was good. I mean, Tails was hanging out with you less and less, and Amy did just call you a robot. You sigh, and sit in a cave. You let your tears fall. All of the ones you held back for 15 years.
     Trust me, you had stored up a lot. You cried and cried, until there was very little water left in you. You get up and rub your eyes. You already missed the funny conversations with your friends, and the warm hugs you shared with Tails.
     You decided to go back. Turns out, it had only been 10 minutes since you left. It felt like hours though. You knew they would help you get through whatever was happening to you.
   When you got back, everyone was still there, but they were arguing. Well, Tails and Amy were arguing while Sticks was going paranoid. 
     "It's my fault this all happened. If I had just let (Y/N) help me..." Tails trailed off. No one seemed to notice you.
     "It's not all your fault. I mean, I did just call her a robot. I don't even know why I did though." Amy says. "Why weren't you hanging out with (Y/N) all this week? It was making kind her of sad, no matter how much she denies it." Amy adds. Tails sighs.
     "I just... well... I don't know. I really wanted to hang out with her, but I also wanted to prove I was smart enough to do it without her. We all know how that turned out. I didn't mean to hurt her. I was just told by some townspeople that I couldn't do anything without her. I don't know what I was thinking." Tails says honestly.
     You sigh. You were standing behind them all and they hadn't even heard you.
    "Tails, you can accomplish so much without me. You probably just forgot to double check that everything was stable." You say. Everyone turns around in bewilderment. Tails runs up and hugs you.
     "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry-" You cut Tails off by pecking him on the lips.
    "It's ok, but, like Amy said, it did hurt." You say, staring into his sky blue eyes. He sighs.
    "This is all my fault. If I just fix the unpulterizer I could have a second chance. I still want to do it by myself, though. I love you, but I should probably figure this out in my own." Tails says. You sigh, but you understood.
     "Ok, go fix it then. Also, this is not all your fault. It's also my fault for showing to much emotion." You say. Amy rolls her eyes.
     "You have a right to show your emotion, and this is mostly my fault. I called you a robot, that is simply unforgivable." Amy says.
     "Amy, I know you didn't mean it. We can settle this when we get back home, ok?" You say. Everyone nods. Tails then sprints to his plane, already taking off.  You turn around. "I don't suggest trying to contact him. He won't answer until he fixes his machine. He also blamed himself for hurting me. You can probably tell him about stuff like if we decided to help some guy with his circus for a bit." You say, everyone pretty much understanding what you meant.
     A large, purple semi truck almost hit you. It was exactly an inch away from you when it stopped. A wolf with a black top hat with a red ridding on it, a white shirt, a red blazer, and a red bow tie stepped out.
     "Oh, sorry if I scared you folks. Please, except my most humble apologies." The wolf said. Sonic narrowed his eyes at him.
    "You almost made us roadkill, pal." Sonic says in a blunt and angry manner.
    "A thousand pardons. Allow my to introduce myself. T.W Barker, entrepreneur, owner, and ringmaster of T.W Barker's circus of wonders." Barker said, gesturing toward his truck.
    "A circus, huh? Like, with clowns?" Knuckles asks in an excited manner.
    "And elephants?" Amy adds.
    "And art from corn husks?" Sticks asks. You give her an odd look. She frowns. "I have no idea what a circus is." She admits. Barker frowns.
    "A lass, I have none of those. For you see my performers ate some bad sushi in the last town and have fallen gravely ill. All I have are my two stunt bears." Barker says, gesturing at bears in leotards, helmets, and roller skates. One of the bears was wearing things that were red, blue, and while the other was wearing stuff that was purple and light blue.
     "So how will you put on a show?" Amy asks, worry and curiosity evident in her voice.
     "Won't be able to. The children will be ever so disappointed." Barker says dramatically. Amy gasped.
    "Not the children." She says in a sad voice.
   "Yes, the children. If only I could find some kindhearted souls to help me keep the magic of the circus alive." Barker says, obviously trying to persuade you guys.
    "Well Mr. Barker, you're in luck. We would be proud to volunteer in your circus." Amy says, Knuckles and Amy nodding their head in agreement.
    "Speak for yourself, Amy. What makes you think I want to perform like some kind of trained animal?" Sonic says. He looks back at the bears and puts his hands up. "No offense." Sonic says. The Bears shrug.
"Yes, yes. I-I understand. The training is quite rigorous. I understand if you're not capable-" Barker was cut of by Sonic running circles around him.
"Capable, is my middle name." Sonic says in a cocky manner.
"I thought your middle name was 'the'." Knuckles says in a confused manner.
"It just a metaphor, Knuckles." You try to explain.
"Look, I just hope your circus can keep up with me. I'm in." Sonic says. You roll your eyes.
'Sonic is way to cocky sometimes.' You think to yourself.
"Wonderful!" Barker says, over exaggerating the wonderful. He then presses a button and a circus tent with purple and white strips pops out. "I'm delighted to have all you." Barker says. Sonic starts to call Tails.
"Oh wait, there's one more. Tails come in. We're joining the circus! Tails? Tails?" Sonic says into his communicator, his eyes becoming sad.