Chapter 18: Relaxing for Once

(I looked up pictures of Tails, and found this. I couldn't help putting it, he's so adorable!)

It has been about a week since the whole ordeal of dislocating both of my shoulders, and they have been healing well. I'm still sore, but I continue to ice them everyday and do what I can.
Tails has also forced me to relax. He says that I could only make them worse if I move them to much. As usual, he was correct, and I've mostly been hanging around the house.
I've been drawing and reading, for the most part. I have also been cooking some more, using my power for mixing and such so Tails wouldn't get mad at me.
All and all, it hasn't been so bad. The catch is, I can't exactly work on inventions or do any physical activities that require my arms. That part wasn't very fun. This also meant that I couldn't fight with the others.
At the moment, I was continuing on the drawing I had started when Tails joined the Lightening Bolt Society. At the time, I had only managed to finish the guidelines. I continued working on this.
            The rest of it took about a hour, and I'm deciding whether or not to color it...well, here it is.

       It's just me and the rest of the gang

       It's just me and the rest of the gang. Oh, and, if you can't tell, I'm holding a book. (Please don't judge this to harshly. I did it myself, but it doesn't look to good. Also, if you really don't want to look like that, you don't have to. I think once I complete the book, I'm going to go back and edit some stuff. Probably making it so you can actually choose and such).
I look down at the picture, deciding where I could change it to make it look better. Then, someone's arms wrap around my waist. (I'm sitting on a stool next to the kitchen counter). I sigh.
"Hey Tails." I say quietly, turning to face him. He gives me a wide smile.
"Hey (Y/N)! What are you doing?" Tails replies cheerfully. I can't help but smile shyly at him. I turn back to my drawing.
"I'm just drawing." I reply lightly. Tails looks at it over my shoulder, eyes widening.
"That's so amazing, (Y/N)!" Tails compliments. I blush lightly, but frown.
           "Tails...thank you, but um...are you really sure it looks good? There's so many places I messed up...in all honesty, I think it looks kind of bad..." I reply. Tails rolls his eyes.
"Yes, I'm positive (Y/N). You're very overly critical. Give yourself someone credit once in awhile." Tails assures. I nod slowly.
            "O-ok. Also...T-Tails, can you...um, stay with me today? I mean, just kind of hang out...I've been getting a little bored..." I request. Tails nods quickly.
            "Of course! Did you think I would say no or something?" Tails questions. My eyes flick elsewhere.
            "Um...yeah. Kind of. I thought you would have to do something, and couldn't hang out. Or, something like that..." I explain. Tails chuckles.
"You're so adorable! You also worry to much. Sweetie, I'll always make time for you." Tails exclaims, arms tightening around my waist. I blush lightly, a cute smile firm on my face.
           "T-Tails...you're going to make me fangirl...but t-thank you." I reply, giggling slightly. Tails buries his face in my hair.
           "I'm going to make you what?" Tails questions, causing me to giggle a little more. I wave my hand.
            "Nothing, nothing. A-anyway...what do you think we should do first?" I quickly reply. Tails snaps his head up, causing me to yelp slightly. He gives me an apologetic smile.
             "Sorry love, I just remembered something. I have to grab something. Be right back!" Tails explains briefly. I blink, shrugging it off. Wait...did he just call me love? Oh, and, before that, sweetie...when did he start using pet names?
           I mean...I don't mind one bit. This just means I'll have to come up with my own... Let's see...hm...how about...I don't know! Wait...I'll just look some up! (That's actually what I have been doing. I could not think of one).
          I float my phone over with my power, quickly searching up pet names for boyfriends. I find a list of 400 right at top. Perfect. I press the link, going to the website. I scroll through, looking at both the pet name and the meaning.
         I came across a couple I liked, such as Agapi Mou, which is Greek for "My Love", Amore, which means love in Italian, and Bright eyes, which is described as intelligent, heart-penetrating eyes. I continue scrolling through.
          I also found Captain Cuddles. I am so going to call him that while we're in the midst of cuddling. I won't do it anywhere else, that would be ridiculous. I also like Cherry and Chiku... I think that's enough for now.
          I look down at the table, realizing I had accidentally wrote a list. It had all my favorite pet names on it...hehe oops. Welp, I hope Tails doesn't see that. The list is them taken out of my hand. I yelp.
           "Hehe...sorry Sugar Lumps. Anyway, what do we have here?" Tails questions. I blush. Tails quickly read the list, a light blush coming over his cheeks. "Aw, were trying to find cute pet names for me? Angel, you don't have to do that."
             "W-well I noticed you doing it, so I thought that I should too..." I explain. Tails wraps his arms around my waist, burying his head in the crook of my neck.
             "Stop being so adorable! It makes me really want to kiss you!" Tails says. I blink.
             "Then do it. I don't see why you're waiting. Steal as many kisses as you'd like." I reply. Tails swiftly turns me around and places his lip son mine.
            I immediately kiss back. The kiss was soft and gentle, but it had a certain passion to it as well. As usual, it was amazing. Tails and I pull back, panting from a lack of breath.
          "A-anyway, my Angel Artist, I liked what you had on your list. I don't know about Captain Cuddles, though..." Tails says. I giggle.
           "That's only for when we're cuddling alone. I wouldn't use that in public. Besides...Sugar Lumps? Really? Also, I liked Angel, my Angel Artist, and Love." I reply. Tails raises an eyebrow.
           "Ok, I'll continue to call you those. Um...so which ones are you going to call me? I kind of like Bright-eyes and Chiku..." Tails says. I smile.
          "Then I'll use those, but I'm still using Captain Cuddles for cuddle time." I reply. I then remember the reason Tails took off. "Tails what was it that you went and grabbed?" I question.
           "What? Oh yeah..." Tails says, putting two bags on the table. "There was a farmers market in town, so I went and bought a bunch of fresh produce we can cook with." Tails explains. I smile happily.
           "Please tell me you bought green onions..." I say. Tails gives me a confused look.
            "I did...but why is that important?" Tails questions. I turn to him.
           "It's just an ingredient I needed to make this one thing...Thank you so much for all of this, Chiku!" I reply happily. Tails chuckles, a hue of pink coming to his cheeks.
            "No problem, love. Um...what is it that you want to make? Also, can I help?" Tails questions, an adorable smile on his face. I nod quickly.
           "Of course you can help! Oh, and I was planning on making Chicken Dumplings..." I explain. (I'm actually going to try making Chicken Dumplings. I was watching a video on Rosanna Pasinio's channel and I wrote down everything).
"Alright, where do we begin?" Tails asks, wanting to start right away. I smile at his enthusiasm. I grab a notecard, ingredients on one side and directions on the other. Unfortunately, it was in my itty-bitty hand writing.
"We start by taking out all the ingredients, then we'll go from there." I explain simply. I place the notecard on the table; the side with the ingredients facing upward. Tails looked at it, squinting his eyes.
"Angel Cakes, your writing is tiny." Tails points out. I give him a confused look.
"Oh...is it? I guess it is...no one ever told me. Whenever we had to write you'd always do it on blueprints and such..." I reply. I shrug. "I guess I'll just have to read it off, since I'm the one who can read it."
"Ok, so what all do we need?" Tails questions. I start listing off needed items one at a time, including ground chicken, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, pepper, salt, flour, and a couple other things.
"Now for the directions." I announce. We go through the directions, adding the right amount of ingredients when said and such. Sorry, Tails and I are decent at cooking, so no flour problem.
Once we finish wrapping them up, we take out a steamer, pot, and lettuce. We line the steamer with lettuce, placing the uncooked dumplings on those. I place the metal ring-like piece to hold the steamer, Tails setting the steamer on top.
We placed the lid on together and turned on the heat. I quickly made a dipping sauce with the sesame oil, salt, pepper, and soy sauce in a small glass dish.
Tails pulled out a rectangular plate and two pairs of chopsticks. I took another pot, filled it with water, and set it on the stove. Once it began to boil, I took out a packet of rice and started following the directions.
Tails turned off the part of the stove being used for the steamer. He places the steamer on a couple pot holders located on the table. Tails grabs a bag of frozen peas, placing them in a bowl with a lid, puts a little water in it, and then pops it in the microwave.
I finish making the rice, turning off the stove. I turn around and open the steamer, placing the dumplings on the plate with care. Tails finishes the peas, seasoning them with season salt and olive oil.
I turn around, nearly bumping noses with Tails. I blush lightly. He smiles at me, pecking my lips. I giggle and go to the rice. Tails scoops some peas on the plate and hands it to me.
I take it and place rice on it. I take the plate over to the table while Tails grabs the dipping sauce and chopsticks. We sit down at the kitchen counter, staring at each other. How did we just do all that without talking?!
Tails takes the chance to once again steal a kiss. I should expect this, though. I did tell him to steal as many kisses as he wanted. I quickly kiss back before Tails pulled back. My hands cup his face while Tails's travel to my hips. We pull back after a minute or so.
"Um...so do you want to eat lunch?" Tails asks, cutting through the silence like a knife. I nod curtly. With an unknown mastery, Tails picks up his chopsticks and immediately picks up a dumpling. My eyes widen in amazement.
"B-bright-eyes, how did you do that?" I ask. Tails chuckles at my amazed face.
"Practice." He replies simply. Tails dips the dumpling then holds it near my mouth. "Want a bite?" He asks. I give a slight nod, opening my mouth. I take a small bite, deciding if we did well.
"It tastes really good." I say, a cute, closed-eyed smile planted on my face. Tails takes a bite himself, letting out a small 'mmmm' sound.
"You're right. It does." Tails confirms. I then pick up the other pair of chopsticks, looking to Tails's hand then my own. I try to place my hand in the same position, but to no avail. Tails notices my slight struggles. "Move your fingers here..."
Tails continues to explain how to use them. He grabs my hand and helps me place it in the right spot. Tails also helps me pick up a dumpling. I smile at our little 'lessons'.
"Can you do it on your own, now?" Tails asks me. I nod. I dip the the dumpling in the dipping sauce and take another small bite. We continue eating the dumplings, occasionally feeding each other.
Tails, of course, had to help me with the chopsticks, but also said I wasn't doing bad for someone who had never used them. We moved onto the rice, which I had ended up mixing with the peas.
We took turns feeding each other, because that's how sappy we are. Once we finished, we washed all the dishes we were using. I was washing while Tails dried and put away. After this, we plopped down on the couch, turning to face each other. We blink.
"So what do you want to do now?" Tails asks. I put my hand up to my chin in a thinking manner.
"Hm...how about we have a (f/movie series) marathon?" I ask, a slight excitement coming to my voice. (I suggest a series with 3-10 movies. If you don't have a favorite series, just pick out your top 3-10 favorite movies). Tails smiles at my excitement.
"Anything you want, Angel." Tails replies. He turns on the T.V, changing it to Netflix. I quickly make a bowl of popcorn (Sorry if yours isn't on there, mine isn't either, but just pretend it is). Tails presses play.
I snuggle up to him, placing my head on his shoulder. My legs curl up and my tail wraps around me. Tails leans his head on top of mine. He takes the bowl of popcorn, placing it on his lap.
As the movie began, I couldn't take the wide smile off my face. Throughout the movie, I continued to speak characters' lines. Tails laughed when I did this, claiming it to be 'adorable'.
Every now and again Tails would steal a couple kisses. These simply made me blush, but smile. This continued on as we watched and watched multiple movies.
Once we had finished them all, I look down at the time on my phone. My eyes widen. It was almost 1:00... I yawned, my eyes slightly droopy. I tap Tails.
"C-captain C-cuddles...I-it's almost 1:00..." I say in between yawns. Tails lets out a small yawn as well. I try standing up, but I'm instantly drawn back to the couch.
"Why can't we just stay here?" Tails asks, holding back another yawn. I cuddle back up to him, slowly falling asleep. I allow the dark to take over.

~Tails's POV~

I look down at my girlfriend with droopy eyes. As soon as she had smuggled back into me, she passed out. Er, fell asleep. Whatever. I smiled down at her.
I took her glasses off, placing them on a table. I kissed her forehead, snuggling up to her. I fell asleep almost immediately.
Today was a nice, simple day...

A/N

2548 words. Hey guys, sorry it took awhile to update... I'm sorry for the short chapter! Um...hm...this was one I came up with on my own. This was kind of just a filler chapter. I just realized this whole chapter could be summed up like this: pet names, cooking, movie watching X3. I requested to do some more original chapters from @Neon_blazer, so here you go. I hope you enjoyed it!

     Edited: Guys, I almost forgot. I want to thank you all so much!!! You guys are amazing!

 I want to thank you all so much!!! You guys are amazing!

      7

      7.12k?! This is amazing!! I never thought I'd come this far...This is thanks to all of you, my amazing readers!! I want to thank you all for staying with me through this whole experience!! Thank you all so much!!!