Chapter 14: The Meteor

It was nighttime, and both you and the gang were around a campfire on the beach. While all the others were around the fire, you and Tails were curled up on a big rock together.
      "Tails, (Y/N), what are you doing?" Amy asks. You look over at her, then back up to the sky.
      "Just enjoying this beautiful meteor shower." Tails answers for the both of you. The rest of the gang looks up and sees a bunch of multi-colored meteors. Knuckles then points upward.
        "That one is flying beautifully towards us." Knuckles says. You give him a questioning look. You look up to see a purple meteor pass overhead. The meteor lands and shakes the ground. You, being slightly clumsy that day, almost fall off the rock. Tails catches you, thankfully.
     "This could be a major find-" Tails starts. You smile.
      "We need to approach it cautiously and with great care so that-" You start to finish, only to interrupted by Sonic.
       "Race ya." Sonic says, running off. The rest of the gang runs off as well. Tails sighs in irritation. You squeeze his hand, causing Tails to smile at you.
      "Wait for us!" Tails yells, running after the gang hand-in-hand with you. Sonic gets to the giant crater first, but he has an upper hand advantage. He's the fastest thing alive! Once you and the rest of the gang get there, Sonic turns around.
"Ha! First!" Sonic says triumphantly, fist pumping the air.
"Think again, Sonic." Eggman says. Sonic turns around, but he appears to be surprised. Honestly, it's not very surprising to find Eggman here.
"Eggman?!" Sonic says, actually acting surprised. You still didn't understand that. Eggman is always looking for something that can help him with his evil scheme, and one just kind of landed on the ground.
"That's right, and, as the intrepid explorer that discovered this regal rock, I here by call dibs." Eggman announced.
"What? You can't call dibs." Sonic says back. Oh, Sonic actually got mature. Finally, there was someone else besides you, Tails, and Amy.
"Oh, so now you don't respect dibs. What's next? You won't allow cutsies? Flaunt the five second rule? Step on a crack without any refused for your mothers spinal column?" Eggman asks.
"Not cool, Sonic." Knuckles adds. Sonic looks over to him.
"Of course I respect dibs, but you can only call dibs if you're touching the thing you desire to dib." Sonic says. Oh, so Sonic isn't mature. Figures.
      "Ahohoho, well in that case..." Eggman trails off as he lowers the Eggmobile into the pit. As Eggman moves his hand slowly and steadily towards it, Sonic runs down and tries to touch it as well. They hit it at the same time.
       "Dibs!" They yell at the same time. The meteor lights up, and causes a giant explosion. You cover your eyes. When you uncover them, you see that both Sonic and Eggman had been flung back and had passed out on the ground.
    You go down in the crater with the rest of the gang to help get Sonic. You then look over to were Eggman lay and see Orbot and Cubot picking him up. You honestly felt bad for them.
      You then glance at the little purple meteor, a weird aura coming from it. You start walking towards the crater, until you feel someone grab your hand. You turn around and see Tails smiling down at you. You tilt your head in a questioning sort of way.
       "We'll come back when we have better tools, so we can study the meteor thoroughly." Tails says, grabbing your hand. You intertwine your fingers together and start walking back.

                     ~Time Skip~
                      Sonic's POV

        I slowly sits up, eyes fluttering open. I start looking at my surroundings, only to realize I'm in Eggman's lair!
      "Ugh, what am I doing in Eggman's lair?" I ask myself. I then look at a mirror and see Eggface. "Gah, Eggman!" I dive at the mirror. Man that was stupid. I sit up and rub my head. "What am I doing in Eggman's body?" I ask myself.
       Orbot and Cubot then come in through a door. They rush towards me.
      "Dr. Eggman, you're awake!" Orbot exclaims.
      "We had to drag you back home. It was spring break all over again!" Cubot explains. It then flashes images of Eggman, Cubot, and Orbot at the beach, singing karaoke, etc. I give them a confused look.
       "I'm not Eggman, I'm Sonic!" I exclaim. Orbot leans over to Cubot.
       "He's pretending to be Sonic again." Orbot says. Wait, Eggman pretends to be me?
       "Well I'm not going to be Amy this time!" Cubot states. My eyes widen.