Chapter 17: Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce

Tails and I were standing outside of the workshop, working on Tails's plane. Er, Tails was working on his plane. I was adding some upgrades to my motorcycle.
          Just the way Tails treats his plane, though...sometimes I swear he loves that thing more than me! He's actually planning to give it a massage later!
          I'm jealous of a plane...wow. What is wrong with me? Seriously...I'm being so childish. It's just a plane. There's no way Tails cares about it more than me...I think. You can never know with Tails and his inventions.
   As I put some finishing touches on my motorcycle, Sonic, Amy, Sticks, and Knuckles walk up to Tails and I. I look at them and give a small smile. Sonic and everyone else ignores me and looks at Tails.
       "Tails, we're heading to Meh Burger. Want to come along?" Sonic asks Tails. Tails looks at him.
         "I'm installing an awesome speaker system in my baby. Check it out." Tails replies, pushing a button on a remote control. The plane starts to play music. Wait...did Tails just call that plane his baby?
          "You spend way to much time with that plane. I sometimes swear you love it more than your own girlfriend." Amy says. I frown. Perhaps Tails does love that plane more than me. Knuckles puts an arm on Tails's shoulder.
         "It's like he loves it. Do you love your plane, Tails? Do you love it?" Knuckles teases, making a heart with his hands. Tails glares at him.
        "I do." Tails replies bluntly. Knuckles frowns.
        "Oh, well that took the wind right out of myself." Knuckles says sadly.
        "Well, if you guys will excuse me, it's time for her propeller tail diffuserlizer massage." Tails says, patting that side of his plane. Ok, now I'm really jealous of that plane.  I hop on my motorcycle and flew off, not that they cared.
         "Ok, now that's just nuts. We're getting you out of here." I hear Sticks declare before I leave. I fly up, the air getting less dense as I went. The air pressure slowly became lighter, and it became harder to breath.
          I always wished to touch the clouds, and here I was, so close. I then started to hum Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri. I always loved this song; it helped me calm down sometimes. It didn't fit the situation, but it was a good song. I eventually started to full out sing it.

I know I can't take one more
step towards you
'Cause all that's waiting is regret
Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most

I learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

I hear your asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I've grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms

And I've learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of  hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?