Henry x Reader

The sword clattered out of your hand, a drop of blood falling along with it. The sword hit the grassy ground first, but the blood splashed down only a nanosecond later.

"Seriously, (y/n)? Stop pushing yourself so hard. You'll get blisters on your hands."

"I have calluses, doofus. I'll be fine." You say, picking your sword back up and slicing it through the air. Henry backs up, probably scared of getting cut.

"Scaredy cat." You say simply, sticking your tongue out at him. He just rolls his eyes in response to your gesture.

After a few more swings, you remember that your friend was supposed to have picked you up an hour ago.

"Hey, have you seen a guy come around here in a black truck lately? My ride seems to be running late." Henry is a newer friend of yours, and you had only met him a few days beforehand while you were practicing with your sword skills and he took an interest. He probably wouldn't know your best friend by name.

"Uh, no. I'd offer a ride, but I walked here."

"That's fine. I have my phone, I just forgot the time."

You pull your phone out and push on Tommy's contact. The phone rings only three times before he picks up.

"Yeah-lo?" You can always tell that Tom is happy over the phone- it's almost as if you can see his smile itself because of how happy his tone always is.

"Tom, you were supposed to pick me up from the park an hour ago."

"Oh yeah... Oh well. Still need the ride?" He obviously shrugs it off, and really it isn't that big of a deal. He knows you always lose track of time when you're practicing anyway.

"Yeah, thanks. I'll see you in fifteen?"

"Okay, love ya, sis!"

"Love you too! Thanks!" You hang up the phone, grinning at having accomplished what you needed to.

You clean up all your supplies, carefully washing off your sword with a towel and placing it in its case. Not everybody had a sword, and you were actually legally allowed to possess one. Therefore, you made sure to take the best care of all your supplies 24/7.

"Is your brother coming to pick you up soon?" Henry asks, standing over you as you pick up your case.

"Brother? Oh, you mean Tommy? He's not my brother." You laugh, smiling as a faint blush overtakes Henry's features.

"Oh, uh. Oops. Sorry." He reaches up to pull his hair over his forehead. Too bad boys don't have that curtain of hair that girls always use to hide behind. Henry could probably use it right about now, "Is he your boyfr-?"

Interrupting his question, you hear a very loud car horn honking, and you and Henry both turn to the source of the noise.

The horn just keeps going on for a few seconds, then 5, then 10. You shake your head and bring a hand to your forehead.

"He always does this. I'm so sorry if it gives you a headache. He won't stop until I get in. I'd better go!" And with that, you sprint off to the beat up truck waiting for you.

Once you get in, the sound of the horn still rings out in your ears. You look back where you had been only a few moments earlier to realize you had left your sword behind, and Henry was running after you with the large case right next to him.

"Tommy! Stop! I left my sword behind! Stop the car!" You shout, and Tom's breaks screech to a stop.

"You gotta be more responsible, kid."

"I'm older than you." You glare at him and open the door, slamming it behind you as you make your way to the back of the truck, where Henry is gasping for breath.

"Congratulations, you kept up with a truck for a few seconds." You shoot Henry a grin.

"I'd be... laughing if I weren't... out of breath." Henry gasps out.

You laugh for him, "Thank you so much for bringing this to me! I totally would have forgotten it if you hadn't started running towards the truck with it in your hand."

He nods, gulping once more before lifting his head. His breaths are more frequent now, and you're pretty sure he'll be okay to talk. He proves you right when he speaks only a moment later.

"I was trying to ask you a question when the horn started going off. Is Tommy your boyfriend?" Henry waits with bated breath, which is probably a bad thing since he was just out of breath a few seconds beforehand.

"Tommy? No, he's my best friend. Why? Were you jealous?" You ask it jokingly, but he looks completely serious as he nods.

"(Y/n), I've been wanting to ask you out since I first saw you with that sword. The feeling only got stronger when I started talking to you."

Your eyes widen in response. Henry wasn't that bad of a guy, as far as you knew. He seems nice and kind and loyal and everything you looked for in a guy.

Perhaps it was time to get a boyfriend.

_________________

Dedicated to:
@AuroraMusicNote1503
(Request: Jealous Henry x Reader w/ guy friend)

-Cara Kama xx