David x Reader

"I didn't know we were Snow White and Prince Charming back then! And I was lost, I didn't feel like my marriage that I had been forced into was working out! I needed a break, and she gave me that!"

"And now she's pregnant with your child!" Mary Margaret was furious. Absolutely revolted by the fact that her perfect husband had had a one night stand with me. I could just tell. "Do you even have feelings for her?"

My stomach is bulging, and not because I've eaten too much. I, (Y/N), was pregnant with the bastard child of Prince Charming, a married man.

"It was a one night stand, and I didn't even know you existed at the time! Snow, I didn't know this would happen!" He kept pleading with his wife as if she was the one suffering here.

But here I was, quiet as a mouse. I had barely said a word since I had shown up here, except to explain the situation. David should be comforting me. He should be talking about living costs and taking care of the child. But here I am, fading into the background. And there they are, wrapped up in their own little world.

I was about ready to leave. To find someone who might actually care, at least a little about how I was doing. I wasn't okay. Ruby would understand.

We worked side by side at her Granny's diner, and she was the first one I told about the pregnancy. The worst part of this all was that we had expected for David to be understanding. It was a mistake, but he seemed like the kind of guy to actually care when unexpected tragedies popped up out of nowhere. He was supposed to be a hero and a Charming Prince, but it seemed as if that just hadn't worked out as we had been hoping.

I slipped out the door without a backward glance, then ran the rest of the way until I was in the doorway of the diner.

"Didn't go how you thought it would?" Ruby was there for me automatically, a cup of steaming cocoa waiting on the counter and a shoulder to lean on. "I'm taking my break, so can you cover?" She spoke over the counter before focusing fully on my condition.

"So?"

I take a sip of my cocoa and sniff loudly, "It definitely didn't go as planned. David, or Charming, or whatever he's called, was only trying to get Mary Margaret to stay calm! He didn't care at all that I'm going to have to give birth to his child, and it's all his fault!"

"How awful. And back in the Enchanted Forest, he seemed like such a gentleman on the couple occasion our paths crossed. Hey, did you meet him at all there? You were a maid, right?"

"A scullery maid, that's right. I actually like Storybrooke better now. It gave me a chance to start over, and even though I'm still working here, now that I remember how the Enchanted Forest treated me, I can truly say my life here is much better. Despite this fiasco, of course."

"I can't believe a one night stand seriously came out with this..." Ruby sighed, leaning back on her stool. She nearly falls off as the ring of the bell on the door chimes but catches herself.

Who could it be, but Prince Charming? David glances around the diner, but his eyes stop as he sees me.

He starts towards me, but Ruby stops him in his tracks with her arms crossed and a challenge on her face. "As if. You treat her badly and then you hunt her down after to apologize? Take a hike, preferably off a cliff please."

"Just let me talk to her! She left before we could really talk. The news was a shock, and I had to talk to Snow first!" David tried to get around Ruby, but she kept him blocked off.

I get up from my chair, my stomach churning in apprehension. "I'll talk to him, Ruby. Here, come over to a table." My hands tremble as I transfer my half empty hot cocoa over to the corner table, out of sight of prying eyes.

"Look, (Y/N), I didn't mean for this to happen. I was in a bad place, and-"

"We knew each other, in the forbidden forest." I cut in, half expecting him to have forgotten.

"Well, yeah. I remember. You were at the castle when I first arrived, and I thought you were so pretty. Not much has changed, in that department. But I'm married to the love of my life, and I don't have much room for a baby."

"I don't need you to have room. I'll raise her all on my own."

"It's going to be a girl?"

"A mother's intuition," I reply, smiling and rubbing my slightly bulging stomach. "Anyway, I just need child support. AS to be expected, I don't make much. Will you at least help out with that?"

"Of course! I mean, Snow will have to deal with it. I made a mistake and I'm going to have to live with it now. Not that you were a mistake, but of course, I couldn't remember, and- nevermind."

The man had some serious problems. But he was still attractive. He held himself as a prince even when he had no clue that he was one. Maybe that was what had first attracted me to him.

-*-

Dedicated to:

Request: reader is pregnant with David's baby after a one night stand in Storybrooke

(I don't actually like this bu maybe you guys will?)

-Cara Kama xx