Captain Hook x OC

It was odd to be on land once again. It was almost as if the lands were moving in time with her steps as Alexandra move forward, her puffy skirt a foreign feeling compared to the pirate's where she was so used to. Her father was escorting her to this ball, although she was usually left behind whenever he had to go on "princely duties".

In normal circumstances, having the famous Prince Thomas as a father would make his daughter a princess. But Alexandra had been raised on the sea, and she would much rather take a sunburn and binoculars to her eyes than pinching heels and pretty tiaras any day. Her mother, Cinderella, had disappeared before Alexandra even got to know her, and so her father was her best friend and life source.

They had partnered together ever since Alexandra had turned eighteen to sail the seas in search of adventure, only returning to land in the event of some wedding or ceremony or another. The king had things covered back home, and couldn't care less when Prince Thomas was up to, much less his daughter.

Speaking of weddings, this one was quite extravagant. Everyone sported dresses as ridiculous as Alexandra's; although none of the women looked nearly as uncomfortable as she felt. The couple that would later say their vows were Snow White and Prince Charming.

"I'm sure you'd rather eat something than listening to royal chatter for the next few hours. Go have some fun, you're a grown girl now. Find a husband, why don't you?" Her father gave a little jab on the shoulder, ruffling her hair a bit before setting off with trudging steps toward a largely obnoxious woman to the left.

Alexandra was happy to get away from the dancing crowd of royals. Instead, she made a home by the snack bar, grabbing pastries and cheese and grapes in handfuls.

"Got quite the appetite there, have you?" A man in all black leather popped out of the shadows behind the tables, almost as if he had appeared out of didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the crowd, bedecked in shiny leather. His face was obscured by the shade still, and he held his hands behind his back. "We don't get many pastries when we're out on the sea."

Alexandra turned up her nose, assuming that this man, like all these other royals, would not appreciate her stories on their ship, "The Adventure".

"Would you dance with me?" The man held out a hand, bowing to her. She winced a little but hid it with a smile when the man looked up at her through his thick eyelashes.

"I don't really know how to dance. Court things have never been my strong suit; I'd much rather be outside right now, actually." "Well then, I'll lead." With that, Alexandra was swept into a flurry of colorful skirts and wealthy people.

A slower dance came on and, as promised, the unknown man took the lead, making it easy enough for Alexandra to follow along.

"So, mysterious man, who might you be?" She prodded, stepping squarely on the man's foot and grimacing. If the man noticed though, he certainly didn't show it.

"I'm a man of the sea as well."

"A captain? What kingdom do you sail for?"

"I never said I worked for a kingdom, did I?"

He sent a smirk her way before his eyes began scanning the length of the ballroom. "You're looking for someone, aren't you? And if you work for no kingdom, and yet you sail the seas, could you be a trader?" But that wouldn't make sense; why would a fisher or even a merchant be at a royal wedding?

The man laughed at the questions, "You're a curious one, aren't you? Fine, I will answer the questions I don't mind sharing. Yes, I'm looking for someone. However, no, I am not a trader in any sense."

"You snuck in here, didn't you?" Alexandra gasped, nearly stepping out of the dance. The man held her firm though, and they kept dancing as if everything was alright. "I'd better not get caught up in anything illegal!"