Archie x Reader

"Alright, (y/n), I want you to focus on making more of a social life for yourself. Staying inside on your electronics isn't healthy both emotionally and physically." Archie leaned forward in his chair, his chin resting on his fist. His blue eyes seem to stare into my soul, but I find that I'm not unearthed by his soft stare like I would be for many other people.

I'm not much of a people person, but because I'm an adult, I've decided I have to change that now. Sure, it kept me out of some trouble in school. But now that I'm an adult, with my own job and everything, I find that I'm becoming more and more miserable every day.

I chose to come to Archie of my own accord. It was the right choice, and I already feel as if I have made a friend in Archie.

"Look, I haven't been out much lately. Do you really think it'll help for me to just walk outside and try to find something to do on my own? I can guarantee you that the moment I walk outside, I'll want to turn back with every fiber of my being! It's hard enough coming here every week, and I live next door!"

"Now, I don't often do out of office visits, but I think I'd like to give you some more support in your... shyness. Would you mind if, to start, I walk you back to your apartment?" Archie calls Pongo to his side with a whistle, petting him on the head before standing up.

"You're not going to give me a choice in the matter, are you?"

"As your counselor, I believe this will help you. If you feel so strongly against my helping you any further, you can call anything off. I just want to help you, (y/n)."

"No, no. It's okay, Archie. I-I'd really like the company, thanks." I stand up as well, brushing off my shorts before moving closer to Archie so that I can scratch Pongo's belly for an instant. His tail wags, and I smile in return.

Archie clips on Pongo's leash, then hands it over to me, "Dogs- or any pet, for that matter- are an amazing security blanket. They don't care what you look like or how you act, as long as you give them love and food. They're easily pleased."

I smile, taking Pongo's leash in my hand. I hold it loosely, knowing that Pongo barely even needs a leash with how well behaved he is.

We make our way out of the office, then down the stairs and out into the rain. Staring up at the sky, Archie's hand drifts to his messenger bag, which he had grabbed off a hook by the door before leaving the office. he pulls out a plain black umbrella, and opens it with only a little hassle.

When it's finally open, both of us are already partially soaked. Archie draws the umbrella out, holding it over both of you. The umbrella forces you a bit closer to each other so that you can both stay as dry as possible, and you have to switch the leash over to your other hand to keep it out of the way.

"Be careful with the leash. Pongo can get frightened sometimes if there's ever lightning nearby."

I nod in reply, tightening my grip from its looser state a few moments before. Pongo strains a bit against the reins, already sensing how unsure I am with the weather.

"Now, where exactly do you live again?"

"Just over there, a block over." I point in the direction of my apartment complex, "Look, maybe it would be better if you went back. I don't want you being out in this weather. Pongo might get frightened and run off."

"That's alright. Just as you said, we're only a block away." Archie carries on with a brisk walk, and I follow behind as Pongo pulls me forward, following his owner. I walk quicker so that I can get back under the cover of the umbrella.

In a few minutes, we arrive outside the complex, just as a dark cloud  lets loose a loud crack of lightning.

Pongo jumps up, bursting into the doors of the complex ahead of Archie and I.

"He won't be wanting to come out anytime soon, I'm afraid. Do you mind if we camp out here until the worst of it is over?" Archie turns to me, and before I can give it a second thought, I nod my head and give him a smile.

"C'mon, follow me."

I lead him to the elevator. We leave puddles of rainwater behind as we move, but the housekeeping will clean it up later, so I don't bother to worry about it. If I didn't have housekeeping, my apartment would be an absolute mess 24/7.

I pull out my room key in silence, letting Pongo and Archie in before closing the door. I walk over to the bathroom, grab a few towels, and return to find Archie and Pongo standing on the welcome mat.

I toss a few towels to Archie, and he moves to dry off his glasses first. I start toweling off Pongo after making sure I myself am not sopping wet first.

"Those towels are going to smell like wet dog for a while now. In fact, the whole apartment might end up smelling like wet dog now. Sorry for causing such a hassle." Archie apologizes.

"Oh, its no problem. Do want to watch some television or something while we wait out the storm? I can make some warm tea, and I have plenty blankets to share."

"That would be wonderful, thanks so much! You're a lifesaver, (y/n)." I blush for a moment, moving toward the kitchen.

"Make yourself at home. The remote is over on the coffee table."

After I've finished preparing two warm cups of tea, I fill a bowl with water for Pongo. I bring that out first, then go back for the tea.

"I didn't know how you liked your tea, so I just prepared it like how I enjoy mine. That includes a lot of sugar, so I really hope you have a sweet tooth like me."

"Oh, don't worry. I like tea as long as it tastes good. I haven't found a good program on yet though. Maybe you should look."

"Sure." I take the remote form him, then walk over to a basket I have filled with my favorite, most comfortable blankets. You may call me a collector.

I pull a few for me and Archie, then get an older one and lay that over Pongo, tucking it in under his belly. All the while, I keep flicking through channels.

Soon, one catches my eye. An old Disney movie that I hadn't seen in ages; Pinocchio.

"Do you like this one?" Archie asks, taking a sip from his tea.

"Yeah. Ya know, if I were to peg you as a Disney character, I'd say you were a lot like Jiminy Cricket. Well, that our the guy from 101 Dalmatians. What was his name again?"

"Roger? Well, that's funny. If I were to peg you as a Disney character, I'd say you would be Anita. You know, the other owner in that movie."

"I don't really remember much from that film. I haven't seen it in a long time. Can't remember exactly what Anita was like."

"Well, maybe we could watch it together. Maybe... like... a date?" I turn my head quickly to see if Archie is joking, but his eyes are trained on his tea, and his ears are bright red.

I look back at the television and smile, a blush overtaking my own face, "Yeah, I'll take you up on that offer."

We exchange quick smiles before turning back to the movie on the television. And when the thunder booms in the sky again, all I can do is turn the volume up as Pongo moves over to settle in front of the couch, his body trembling but his tail wagging.

Everybody is happy, despite the moment not being perfect. This is how life works. Nothing is perfect. There must always be flaws in every moment and every person.

But sometimes those flaws can be forgotten, and each moment can feel perfect. All you have to do is see the good in the moment.

And Archie, of course, made me easily forget the storm outside and the soaking state of my hair.

_____________

Request: Archie is counselor to (y/n), the rest is up to me!

Dedicated to: @Hyrule_And_Beyond

_____________

Wow, I've had quite a bit of inspiration lately. All thanks to you guys!! School starts soon. And for me, that means marching band camp as well. For the first two weeks of school, I won't have any free time at all. School from 8 to 2, then band from 3 to 9. At least I know what to expect since it'll be my second year.

I can't believe I'm an actual sophomore in high school. Where did the time go?

-Cara Kama xx