Peter Pan x Child

Blinking rapidly, the young boy looked up from his position on the ground. The only things he could see other than the sand and the sky on the horizon, were a pair of rugged brown boots. Sand swirled around them, some of it forcing itself into the boy's eyes. The grainy bits brought up a stream of tears as the boy's eyes closed.

"Welcome to Neverland," The voice came from the one in the boots that towered above the boy on the ground, "You'll soon learn how we run here."

The little boy remained silent as he was yanked up by the arm, turning to face the owner of the pair of boots. He didn't recognize him, but the looming face leaning overtop him seemed to draw the young boy in.

A flash of excitement passed through Peter Pan's eyes, and a smirk overtook his features. One eyebrow raised, he leaned over so that his nose was a few inches from the young boy's own trembling nose.

"Welcome to Neverland, Gogh," And with that, he withdrew and began sauntering away, towards the edge of a forest.

"My name isn't-" the boy's voice is squeaky with confusion and fright.

"It is now. C'mon boys!" Peter Pan raised a dagger from the clip on his belt into the air, and suddenly a dozen hooded figures emerge from the shade, "Let's all give a good welcome to our new lost boy, Gogh!"

Before the newly titled Gogh could even wink, the leader of the pack was gone, and the other wolves were cornering him.

"How old even are ya, kid?"

"What a twerp. What could we possibly do with this little turd?"

"He's so young. Man, I wish I were still that young."

Screams and shrieks did well to keep Gogh cornered as the Lost Boys began welcoming their new member, toughening him so as to see whether or not he was ready to survive on Neverland's grounds.

"He's not ready for any of this..."

"What will we tell Pan?" Another boy groans.

"Tell me what?" Gogh sees the older boy from before from the corner of his eye, reappearing, "And why haven't you knuckleheads brought him back to camp yet? I have to do everything myself nowadays, don't I? Have fun catching up!"

The older boy, Pan, grabs Gogh's hands and leaps away, dragging him along behind him. It takes a full five seconds for Gogh to find his feet and run along with his super short strides behind Pan.

Once they're into the woods, the Lost Boys are gaining on them. It seems Pan knows this, so he pulls Gogh off to the side as the rest of the boys run straight ahead, still believing they are pursuing their leader and newest play toy.

"Quiet, Gogh, or they'll hear us." Pan smiles, true joy in his eyes. He isn't aware of Gogh's state of being. Gogh is afraid, his small hands clutched tightly over his chest.

"We're definitely gonna win this game. C'mon, Gogh, we can just flash to camp. When they get there, they'll be out of breath and we'll just be lounging around eating grapes. You like grapes, don't you?" Pan kneels down so that he's at the little boy's level.

Gogh didn't like grapes.

"No? Well, you can have an apple then."

"I don't want an apple. I want to go home!"

"No you don't! You wouldn't be here if you did! This is your home now, Gogh. The past is the past, and whatever happened back home that made you want to come here is nevermore. This is your family. Just think of me as your big brother!" Pan spreads his arms, the same look on his face as he got whenever one of his Lost Boys was missing home.

Despite him wanting to live forever, Pan had always cared about every last boy that had come to join him in Neverland.

"I'm going to show you something very important, alright? You can't tell anybody! It's very important, can you keep a secret?" The boy nods his head furiously, because what little boy doesn't like secrets?

It wasn't truly a secret, just that none of the Lost Boys had ever truly been there. The others knew all about Skull Rock, but Pan prohibited them from visiting, all except Felix.

And now it was Gogh's turn. After all, the prophecy involved would come to pass soon, and it was easiest to explain through sight.

When Gogh set eyes on that sparkling hourglass, it was as if he were truly seeing for the first time in his life.

"A giant skull? With an hourglass inside? Why is it sparkling? What does it do? Does it last for an hour?" The boy suddenly burst with questions, looking as if he wanted to run up and touch it.

"This hourglass is ticking away the time in my life. I'm going to find another Lost Boy soon, named Henry. He's going to help me so that I can live forever, just like all the other Lost Boys, including you. We can be brothers forever, Gogh." Peter Pan said lightly, smiling at Gogh.

They stayed there for an hour as Peter explained everything to Gogh. He was the newest Lost Boy, and with his knowledge, the team of wild boys would be stronger. He wouldn't ever have to go back home to the Enchanted Forest, a fact Gogh seemed very happy to hear.

"Gogh, just listen to me carefully now. We'll protect you, alright? And if any of those other boys ever tease you or hurt you, I've got your back. Alright, bud?"

"Yeah, yeah alright."

For his last way of showing Gogh the best things on the island, Peter took Gogh flying.

It was his favorite part of the day.

________________

Dedicated to: @SquareMomIceBear
(Request: Peter Pan x Child)
________________
-Cara Kama xx