SwanQueen

"This isn't what I was expecting when you said I could spend the night here..." Emma pulled a fluffy pillow from atop a tall pile of blankets and pillows. She placed it on the ground to join a growing pile of slightly organized (but mostly disorganized) blankets.

"Well what did you expect, rainbow cookies and pillow fights? We're adults, Ms. Swan, and we're expected to act accordingly," Regina had the bed, of course. After all; it was her house and her own room. 

"I just thought I could just grab the couch or something. And about the Ms. Swan stuff, you know we're friends, Madam Mayor, right?  You don't have to be so polite with me." She picked the pile of blankets up and rearranged them until she seemed satisfied with what she had done. Regina couldn't see the difference. It just looked like a pile of blankets and pillows to her.

"We are not, never have been, and never will be friends, Emma. And I absolutely refuse that you sleep out of my sight; you could steal something."

Emma felt like being sarcastic, and it showed in what she said with fake enthusiasm next, "See? We're making progress here! You've never called my Emma before now! Oh, and I would never steal anything from anybody." 

Regina shakes her head and narrows her eyes, "Don't be ridiculous, Swan. I don't even know your first name, so how could I have possibly known to call you Emma. You're being ridiculous." She turns on her side from the middle of the bed so that her backside would face the couch, making sure Emma could see her rolling eyes before her face was completely turned away.

"Not as ridiculous as you, of course," Emma meant for Regina not to hear, but a Queen usually does have bat-like hearing. The huff of annoyance did not go unnoticed.

"What was that?"

"Oh, uh. Nothing," Now it was Emma's turn to roll her eyes.

It's quiet for almost fifteen minutes before Regina realizes there hasn't been a single peep from Henry this entire time. He could be asleep, of course... but he could also be sneaking out yet again.

"Have you checked on Henry lately? He tends to creep out at night. But of course, that's to visit you most often..."

Emma makes a face at having to get out of her cocoon of blankets, "No... I'll go see if he's asleep yet."

She pauses for a second in the frame of the doorway, then turns back, "You know, it's not that he doesn't love you.That's not why he sneaks out, I mean. He just really wants to get to know his mother..."

"But I'm his mother! And I always had been until you showed up in town! If you hadn't shown up in town out of nowhere, I still would be!" Regina sits up from her bed in annoyance and Emma leaves quickly, not wanting to deal with the angry Queen, who's more likely to throw a fireball at her than tell her she's sorry.

Henry is still in bed. In fact, he's already fallen asleep when Emma peeks in her head. She makes sure it's actually him under the covers before leaving. Henry is particularly known for sneaking out and leaving pillows under his blankets just to cover himself up for Regina, and Emma knows about those shenanigans.

"I'm sorry, Regina. I didn't know you felt that Henry was turning his back on you just because I showed up." Emma says as soon as she re-enters Regina's room, hoping she's calmed down.

Regina is still sitting upright in her bed, "Yeah, well. I'm pretty good at concealing my true feelings."

"What do you mean by that?"

Regina looks down at her sheets, clenched in her fists as if the next thing she's about to say is taking a lot of courage, "I mean... maybe I may not hate you as much as I let off. In fact, I don't hate you even a hair."

"What are you saying?" Emma's confused. Had Regina just said she didn't actually hate Emma? That was a difficult thought to process.

"I may be saying that, well, I care about you. Despite all the sarcasm I shoot at you, I think there may be something that draws me to you."

Emma hesitates for a second, than unleashes her own truth, "I feel the same way. You don't think it's just because we're both mothers to Henry, do you?"

"I think that may actually be part of it. I mean, we both love him so much. Shouldn't it be normal that we begin to care about each other as well?"

"I don't know... could that really be all it is?" When Emma next looks up, Regina is right in front of her.

She doesn't look like an Evil Queen right now; just a normal woman who's been through a lot in her life. Someone who had experienced the car wreck that is life, just like Emma had.

"I think it's a bit more than care that I have for you, Emma Swan."

___________

Dedicated To: @JollyRogerGirl

Request: sleepover love confession

___________

I'm not very good at LGBT imagines, sorry... It's just that I don't even know anyone who is any of the four (actually, I'm acquaintances with a Trans guy, so never mind that lol), so I'm not the greatest at writing about them.

Plus I have my least favorite ships, like any other person... I ship the friendship, but the relationship? Ehhhhhhh...

-Cara Kama xx