Jefferson x Reader

"Stop bothering me, Jefferson!" You swat at his hand playfully, which had been clasped onto a lock of your hair for the last minute or two.

"But it's just so pretty! Look at the color! It even has little threads of (y/h/c) in it!"

"Jefferson, that's because it is (y/h/c). You're so silly." You turn back to your book, trying to find your place again. The words seem so small though, so you simply put your bookmark into the folds and shut it.

"Are you finally finished?" Jefferson had been working on a new hat design, as always. He had seemed content before, but now he seemed eager to leave the workshop.

"Yeah. What do you want to do? Got any ideas?"

"Actually, I do. C'mon, (y/n)!" He grabs your hand and pulls you out from your comfy recliner and down the wide and winding set of stairs to get downstairs. He doesn't even stop before bolting out the front door to the garage, hand still clasped with yours.

"Don't we need anything? Keys, at the very least?"

"Nope! I've got everything already taken care of! But first, you have to put on this blindfold." Jefferson produces a checkered red and white bandana from his back pocket that certainly had not been there before. You would have noticed, right? Well, perhaps not.

What was he planning?

"Everything's already in the car." Jefferson helps tie the bandana around your eyes, then leads you to the car by pushing you.

"How long have you been planning this? You could have just told me." Surprises weren't always a favorite of yours, but you knew that Jefferson wouldn't let any harm come to you.

You clambered into the passenger's seat with Jefferson's help. A few minutes later, you heard the driver's door open and slam closed. Without any warning, Jefferson pecks you on the lips.

"Was that necessary? Why not just do that while I wasn't blindfolded?" But you can't help but to grin.

One of your favorite things about Jefferson was how spontaneous he could be. This would definitely file under the category of spontaneous. Definitely.

You drive for a few minutes in silence. One of the Windows is down, and you can feel the breeze whipping your hair around you neck. Jefferson was probably only going to look handsomely windswept (as always), but you were sure your hair would be a ratted mess when that blindfold came off. The cloth might even get stuck in your hair at this point.

"Are we there yet?"

Jefferson answers patiently, "Nope."

A few minutes pass.

"Are we there yet?" You try to open your eyes underneath the bandana, but all you get is an eye full of blurry red and white lines.

"No, ma'am."

Another few minutes.

"Are we there-"

"Yes! We're here!"

You make to take the bandana off, but Jefferson puts a hand overtop yours.

"I'll make sure you don't fall off of a cliff, don't worry." He gets out of his side and opens your door, giving you a hand on getting your footing.

"Are there any particular cliffs I should be watching out for at the moment?"

"I'm not giving out any information yet! You'll probably guess exactly where we are on the first try. No way am I letting that happen!" Jefferson takes your arm and pulls you along for another two minutes.

"Ya know, I'd rather not take a hike while blindfolded. I could twist an ankle!" You whine, really just looking for an excuse to take off the bandana and see where exactly you are.

"Only another minute, (y/n). You can be so impatient sometimes. Good thing I don't mind that kind of thing." He gives you another spontaneous kiss, then leads you forward once again. It's only slightly less rough than it had been before.

"Alright. You can take the bandana off." Jefferson helps untying the knot he had made in the back of your head, his skilled fingers pulling it loose like nothing. It probably would have taken you a full five minutes to untie without his help.

The sight that greets you is definitely not what you had expected. A ref and white checkered tablecloth matching your bandana was laid over an old wooden picnic table. A feast of sandwiches, ice tea, chips, cole slaw, and—the centerpiece—a very pretty cake of your favorite flavor. Fairy lights had been strung around the surrounding willow trees. They must have been battery-controlled, because there was no sign of civilization in any direction.

"Wow! What's the occasion?"

"Well, it's not exactly what I planned, but it's kind of our anniversary."

"Anniversary?!" You couldn't have forgotten your anniversary that easily, could you?

"You didn't forget! It's not the anniversary of when we first started dating, just of when we first met. It's been three years now." Jefferson grins widely, leading you to take a seat across from him at the table. There's even a cushion where you would sit, silverware set out in front of you with a single rose in the middle of your plate.

"How can you even remember that far back?" You certainly hadn't. But it was so sweet that he would do this. You wouldn't forget the date of your friendship now, in addition to when you had started dating.

"I remember because, well, I found you so beautiful. I've gotta say, you caught my eye as soon as I learned your name. I may have even looked you up on Facebook as soon as I got home that night." He looks proud of himself, and that makes you laugh. Must guys wouldn't fess up to cyber stalking their girlfriend before they started dating, but you found it endearing.

That's what made Jefferson himself. His goofy, fun-loving, prideful, spontaneous behavior that made you feel like a little girl again.

He made you happy. And, hopefully, you made him happy too. Just looking across the table at Jefferson's rebuking eyes as he served himself a slab of watermelon confirmed that

He loved you, and you loved him.
_______________

Dedicated to @Enc522

Request: Jefferson!

_______________

School is almost out! I'm dreading my last few finals though... I'm so glad I'm not taking any further than Spanish 3. I am sooooo done with that class.

-Cara Kama xx